2010 Dodge Nitro brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Dodge Nitro:

2010 Dodge Nitro Owner Comments

Jul 022010

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Nitro. The contact stated that while driving at various speeds, the vehicle stalled. The vehicle failed to restart on the first attempt. The contact also indicated that the traction control and ABS systems would randomly stop operating causing the driver to loose control of the vehicle. In addition, the contact indicated that while the vehicle was parked on a hill the park/brake interlock failed and the vehicle began to roll. The check engine light had also illuminated and the vehicle was taken to the dealer who diagnosed that the engine was misfiring but the cause of the failures were not determined. The manufacturer was notified of the failures. The failure mileage was 500.

- Harobor Springs, MI, USA

Aug 192014

Nitro 6-cyl

Esp. Anti lock brakes, and bas light came on dash, vehicle jerked to side, no anti lock brakes, or stability control. Had to shut truck off to reset.

- Newark, OH, USA

Feb 132014

Nitro 6-cyl

I have filled my brake fluid twice in the last 6 month and have noticed brake fluid in my driveway. I was first alarmed of low fluid when a brake warning light came on the dash display. I brakes felt extremely spongy.

- Oakdale, PA, USA

Jun 012013

I have had problems ever since I have had this vehicle. First my A/C unit went out, the Dodge dealership put a dye in my unit to find a leak, there was not leak so they filled it with freon and I was on my way. A few months later the same think happened again and they filled it again and could not find a leak. Then it happened again and finally they said my compressor went out (mind you this was a brand new vehicle!!) so they replaced it. This was the first 2 years I had it. Then I had issues with my gear shifter and some wire that attached it to my gas pedal or something according to them. I had taken it in and told them my car kept stalling and would not start at all, they took a look at it and the cable had snapped, so they replaced it. This was the second year I have had it. Now the past month or so, all my lights are coming on and the bright red brake light comes on and stays on for a few minutes. Then my car will stall in the middle of traffic at a red light and sometimes when I get started driving. I seriously loved this car at first, but I would never recommend this vehicle to anyone, nor would I ever buy one ever again. I think they need to get me another vehicle asap, cause this one is a death trap waiting to happen!

- Midway, GA, USA