3.0

2010 Dodge Nitro miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Dodge Nitro:

2010 Dodge Nitro Owner Comments

Oct 082015

Nitro

The driver's side door lock only works intermittently with the automatic key fob. Even though you can hear the locking mechanism actuate, the horn sounds and there seems to be a slight movement of the lock post, it doesn't physically lock the door. You can still push the outside door button and the door will open. I've found that it usually takes 2 - 3 attempts before it will lock. I've note after an online inquiry that several others have had the same and/or a very similar problem as well, and it was noted in one post that it was found to be a problem with a module in the door mechanism. I feel that this is a safety issue warranting a factory recall and/or repair as it constitutes a vehicle breech that would allow a safety and/or theft avenue. Using the key to physically lock the door each time shouldn't be the expected response, as several others noted in their post that this doesn't always work, and the automatic key fob should be expected to work as it was intended or it's pointless to have even provided one with the vehicle. It should be said that the fault only occurs with the vehicle stationary and that at this point the doors automatically lock as intended shortly after the vehicle is in motion.

- West Jordan, UT, USA

Aug 212013

Nitro

The system warnings present light came on, and said check tpm system, which showed how much tire pressure I had. For the front drivers side it said 36, front passenger side,34, rear driver side 32, rear passenger 24. Then the 24 disappeared from the screen, and the warning light kept blinking, which made me think I had a flat tire. I checked the pressure in all the tires, and there was 36 lbs. Of pressure in all 4 tires. Now every time I start the car the warning light stays on, and the pressure screen shows all different amounts. There is also a problem when I take my foot off the gas pedal, the car doesn't slow gradually, it's like it almost stops like I have my foot on the brake.

- Flint, MI, USA

Aug 212013

Nitro

I walked out to my car and noticed it was leaking red fluid. I took it immediately to my local service center. The heating core was leaking and needed to be replaced. The same thing happened in June 2014. This time the vehicle over heated and I broke down on the side of the road. Vehicle was towed to same service center. The heater core needed to be replaced again for the same problem. Each time it was leaking from the same place. The service center believed I would have this issue again.

- Eagle River, WI, USA