2. shift soleniod replacement (1 reports)
1996 Dodge Ram 1500 transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1996 Dodge Ram 1500:

1996 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Jun 202016

Ram 1500 5.2L V8

So i bought this truck with actually 96k on it. I drove it and when i hit 40-45 mph, my truck would downshift and the rpms would hit 3k then upshift and drive normal. The overdrive would be on when this happens, but when its off it doesnt do this problem.

Update from Sep 9, 2016: this happens no matter how long the truck runs or anything, if it hits that mph it will do it.

- , Marathon, IA, USA

Jun 012014

Ram 1500 5.9L V8

I have a Dodge Ram 1500 Sport, RWD with 180,000 miles currently. Been driving it since June and I know there is a problem with the transmission. When I shift to reverse, there is a 2-5 second delay. Before I bought the truck I knew there was a problem so I don't know how long it has been doing that. I will start with a transmission fluid and flush within in the next couple of weeks. Besides having the whole transmission rebuilt is there any repair suggestion that I can simply do that wont break the bank?

- , Griffith, IN, USA

May 212008

Ram 1500 Magnum 5.2L V8

my 97 dodge ram starts in second gear so im unable to haul or tow anything wich defeats the purpose of having a truck. i bought it from the origanl owner and he said it started the year after he bought it. So i looked on line and tons of these trucks have the same problem they should have a recall for something like this.

- , Canton, MI, USA

Oct 012009

Ram 1500 SLT 5.9L

When I am about to go from 4th gear (at about 50mph) to overdrive, truck shakes. then I push in the overdrive button in it stops. this happens in city driving. when going on to the highway with gas pedal down it does not happen , like i said it only happens at a slower acceleration speed! Any solutions please help can't afford a mechanic . on part time now because of economy! thanks joe

- , Utica, MI, USA

Jan 152009

Ram 1500 EXT 5.2L

the thing want shift we have to do it manually and it gets on are nerves even by doing it that way it still don't shift like it needs too. we are stumped on what to do......!!!!!!!!!!

- , Lithia, FL, USA