9.0

1. punched hole through catalytic converter filter. prob solve (1 reports)
  2. replaced all the sensors (1 reports)
1996 Dodge Ram 1500 transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1996 Dodge Ram 1500:

1996 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Dec 012008

Ram 1500

the transmission was slipping before it shifted into each gear, it was REALLY bad, i htought i was gonna have to get a new transmission, but i just replaced the sensors and that fixed it.

- , Blountville, TN, USA

Jul 062007

Ram 1500 5.9L

Not a Gripe anymore. Just informative... I severe transmission gear shift issues, at about 135,000 miles. I took it to a mechanic friend of mines and fortunately, I hadn't burn anything up at that point. He changed the fluids, filters, and I still had a similar problem about a week later. I took it back to him and he punched a hole through the catalytic converter filter, and I haven't had any problems since. I've been problem free for almost 2 years now (currently I'm at 194,000 miles). I've even towed up to 4000 lbs, with the truck on numerous occasions, and no problems to-date. Gas mileage and power improved tremendously. I didn't go to the dealer to have them tell me they can't find the problem, or do a so-called fix or repair to have the problem re-appear. Guess I was lucky.

- , Harrisburg, PA, USA