$1,000.00

1997 Dodge Ram 1500 transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Dodge Ram 1500:

1997 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Jun 222011

Ram 1500

I HAD NO WARRANTY WHEN I BOUGHT THIS TRUCK 4 YEARS AGO AND THE HEAD GASKETS ARE LEAKING OIL BADLY BUT THE MOST PROBLEMATIC IS THE TRANSMISSION. IT STARTED SLIPPING SO I CHANGED THE TRANSMISSION FILTER AND FLUIDS IT HELPED ABOUT TWO MONTHS THEN IT WOULD TAKE FOREVER TO SHIFT INTO HIGHER GEARS NOW IT WILL ONLY GO IN REVERSE IT AM POOR AND LOOKING FOR WORK AND THIS WA MY ONLY MODE OF TRANSPORTATION SO I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO SINCE I DON'T HAVE THE MONEY TO FIX IT AND MY MOTHER HAS A 1997 DODGE RAM 1500 AND HER TRANSMISSION WENT OUT TOO BUT IT WILL ONLY GO FORWARD. AND SHE HAD THE FILTER AND FLUIDS CHANGED TOO. I LOVE THE LOOK OF THE DODGE BUT I CAN'T AFFORD THE PROBLEMS. WHEN YOU DEPEND ON A VEHICLE TO GET YOU TO WORK AND IT FAILS WHAT DO YOU DO? I AM HEARTBROKEN

- , Jay, OK, USA

Jan 192006

Ram 1500 LE

i was told to replace the transfer case, and after doing so at the cost of 1000 dollars, i still have the same problem and i am very pissed. i don't know what to do next besides just yelling. any suggestions.

- , Simsboro, LA, USA