1998 Dodge Ram 1500 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Dodge Ram 1500:

1998 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Feb 012012

Ram 1500 V6

Just like the 2 previous conversion vans, coughs hiccups, dies for no reason, dealership ripped me off said I needed a new computer, waited for 30 while they had it in the shop. Every single thing is just about been replaced except for the engine and transmission. I am losing my mind cant tell you how many mechanics have looked at this and all I get is " well lets try this" which of course is not free. I am so discouraged and neither of the previous vans seem to have any answers to their problems. My van is beautiful I bought her right off the lot, did all the right things to make sure she lasted a long time. What is wrong with this puzzle? do mechanics today just dont want to be bothered, since it is probably time consuming to figure it out.

Some one must have an answer for a problem that is not just mine, somebody HELP!!!

- , Riverview, FL, USA

Nov 052010

Ram 1500 v6

I own a 1998 Dodge Ram 1500 Conversion Van with 145000 miles and for the past week it constantly stalls out. No warning just stalls out. Took the car into the repair garage locally and they could not find out the problem because there is no engine light on, so there is no message sent to the central computer system for the guys to check. Could it be the fuel pump , or the relay for the fuel pump. Or is it something altogether different. Until I get an error message on the computer the mechanic said he cannot tell me the problem. Soooooo.... I drive it around town , it stalls I re- start it, it stalls I sit and wait . It starts again I drive it 500 feet. It Stalls again, I pull over I sit and wait again. It starts, It goes 500 feet It stalls again. Etc Etc Etc,. And remember no engine light coming on to tell me what the problem is. I think its time to get rid of this van , more problems in the 1st month and more trips to the mechanic, and more freaken MONEY... Help!!

- , Mount Dora, FL, USA

Apr 252003

Ram 1500 SLT

Going to another state and the engine died halfway there. We had to go to a Dodge dealership that was close and they didn't want to pay for the hotel or anything like that. We had to stay for 3 days in another state.

- , Rogers, AR, USA