7.0

1. applied adhesive around ac drain boot (1 reports)
2001 Dodge Ram 1500 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Dodge Ram 1500:

2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Apr 012010

Ram 1500 LS 5.9L V8

The problem was the a/c condensate drain boot going out of the vehicle on the lower front passengers side. I peeled back the carpet to expose the drain. I cleaned the area around the drain very well and applied a good adhesive/ sealant. I kept the carpet open to the air and stuck a small fan in the doorway pointed at the footwell. I let it dry for 24 hours and never had another problem. I am a professional mechanic but a reasonably handy man should be able to accomplish this with minimal cost.

- , Crosby, TX, USA

Sep 072007

Ram 1500 5.2L

Water is leaking into the rear passenger side. I noticed this as I was getting my son from the car seat in the back and I kneeled on a wet spot. I thought it was from all the rain we had recently. It just never goes away though. Tonight I noticed significant drainage on the undercarriage under the back door on the same side. I think I need to have this looked at. I appears to be water only.

- , Cedar Creek, TX, USA