2001 Dodge Ram 1500 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Dodge Ram 1500:

2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 3)

Jan 012011

Ram 1500

The whole top of dash has cracked out just crumbled piece of plastic fly when the windows are down without repair there is a great loss of value to this truck it is unacceptable for 24,000 and now probably a 2000 loss as the value is severly diminished.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Oct 152012

Ram 1500

The dashboard on my 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 is cracked and broken. I understand this is a common problem in these trucks and aftermarket replacement covers are available. The broken dash can be a hazard if the airbag is deployed in the event of a crash and causes additional problems with heating the vehicle/defrosting windows since the vents no longer function properly. The hole also allows moisture in humid environments to readily gain access to electronic components under the dash. It would be helpful if Dodge would acknowledge this problem and offer assistance to correct the issue. My vehicle still has low mileage even though it is an older model. The problem started as cracks and has gotten progressively worse with time.

- Shelbyville, KY, USA

Jun 012005

Ram 1500

My dash on my 2001 1500 is cracked and has been cracked for many years. It so bad that I have a huge hole in my dash. I read that NHTSA says to expect a recall soon. July 2016 my truck goes in for a heater core replacement. So that dash must come off. Sure would be nice id Dodge would give me a replacement dash now. Cuz I could get it put on for no extra expense. Saving them 100's of dollars. Can anyone tell me when to expect this recall to be put into motion?

- Alturas, CA, USA

Jan 012006

Ram 1500

Dash has completely fell apart

- Silsbee, TX, USA

May 152006

Ram 1500

Dash cracks began to appear in 2006 and dash is appearing to become more fradgile.

- Bono, AR, USA

Jun 142006

Cracked dash board poor front head lights front disk brakes only last 20,000

- San Jose, CA, USA

Oct 022015

Ram 1500

When I go to open the door the lights don't work, and the dashboard on my truck breaks into pieces I need a new one!!

- Jackson, WY, USA

Sep 012014

Ram 1500

The dash on my 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 is cracking in many different places. The front bezel on the instrument gauge panel is also cracking. My Dodge Ram has under 60,000 miles on it. I have always used a sun shade on this truck, so the cracking is not from sun exposure. I know this is happening to most Dodge trucks around the same year as mine. This should be recalled and should be replaced by the manufacturer.

- Auburn, WA, USA

Sep 102015

Ram 1500

The dashboard on this vehicle has broken into many jagged pieces. This was not caused by myself or by the vehicle's age. It was caused by the use of faulty materials. If I were to get into accident, these jagged pieces could easily be projected into me. I have contacted the manufacturer three times about this and they refuse to fix their mistake.

- Portland, OR, USA

May 222015

Ram 1500

My truck has 185000 miles on it and started sounding like the back brakes were grinding. On the way to the mechanic the back tires locked up and broke the drive shaft off. Lucky for me I was only going 40 miles an hour.

- Pineville, LA, USA

Feb 282015

Ram 1500

On Feb 28 2015 while moving my all of my belongings to a new residence my 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 caught on fire destroying everything I own, there where no warning signs or recall notices sent to me.

- Shenandoah, IA, USA

Jul 222012

Ram 1500

The dashboard get destroy to easly and the debries flies to the face making drive insecure because the plastic parts were hiting the face. The powers train gets very easly damage by rocks and debris on the street making it to vulnerable to get destroy (and that happen to me). The charging regulator gets brokes for nothing anytime and you need to be changing the computer or ading an external one and solder it to the principal cables that goes to the alternator, and relays.

- Washington, DC, USA

Feb 082011

Ram 1500

Dashboard cracked, continues to crack and break regardless of any preventative measures taken. There are countless similar complains about this issue by other people. This is a safety issue. If the airbags were to deploy there would surely be dashboard shrapnel.

- Clarksville, TN, USA

Jan 052009

Ram 1500 4WD 8-cyl

Dashboard started to crack. Dodge will not replace. This has resulted in exposed wiring and not sure if the airbag will work if I am ever in an accident. It has also made the trade in value less than what it should be. This is something that Dodge needs to own up to and fix!

- Waverly, NY, USA

Mar 112011

Ram 1500

During the past 12 months, my dashboard developed a hairline crack and now looks like a ziggedy zaggedy puzzle with some edges very sharp. The dash is popped up now and doesn't even stay perfectly flat. I am feeling a recall should be issued or some type of reimbursement offered. This is very terrible.

- Fayetteville, NC, USA

Jun 122001

Ram 1500 4WD 6-cyl

I purchased brand new, a 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 quad cab truck. The trucks dash has so many cracks in it, that they now have ran into each other and large areas have fallen out. This is a manufacturing defect that Dodge refuses to do anything about. These cracks have been in my dash for years. It is not heat related because I purchased the truck in Washington state and was there for several years before coming to California. This is an electrical hazard and a flying object hazard, should I hit someone or they hit me and pieces start flying from the dashboard. This is a nation wide problem with the dashes from Dodge, it's time they do something about it. These cracks have gotten worse and worse over the years.

- Plumas Lake, CA, USA

Jan 012008

Ram 1500

Cracking of dash was visible much sooner than January 1 2008 but got much worse to the point now that it is caving in and pieces falling out.contacting Dodge was a waste of time for me.I was basically told that I could take it to my local Dodge dealer to get it repaired at my expense! I am currently looking for a replacement dash. I feel that the safety of my family and myself have to be addressed, who knows where these broken pieces are going and whether or not they will affect the activation of the airbags or may possibly cause other problems depending on where they get wedged.I strongly believe Dodge should start an immediate recall to avoid possible human injury!

- Cape Girardeau, MO, USA

May 312006

Ram 1500

Faulty dashboard and instrument panel which has cracked into many pieces in which the dealer will not cover. It should have been a recall as a faulty part from Chrysler's supplier. The dealers response is that it is not their problem. I have researched and have found all over the United States through blogs from people who have the same vehicle as I with the same problem.

- Gaffney, SC, USA

Aug 022011

Ram 1500

Throttle cable frayed and stuck in full throttle, I just about rearended someone going 45 miles an hour

- Lakewood, CO, USA

Aug 012009

Ram 1500

Dashboard and instrument cluster bezel is cracked and large pieces of sharp plastic have broken off.

- Pickens, SC, USA