$1,400.00

2. replace front end components (2 reports)
2001 Dodge Ram 1500 suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Dodge Ram 1500:

2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

May 162016

Ram 1500 3.2L V6

REALLY DANGEROUS TO OPERATE. WHEN HITTING A NORMAL BUMP FRONT END SHAKES VIOLENTLY AND ALMOST LOST CONTROL.

- , Prairieville, LA, USA

May 202015

Ram 1500 318

I purchased the truck new.In 2007. All the break lines rusted and had to be replaced..Vehicle was towed..Also Emergency brake broke off chassis.

Around 2010 the front end would shimmy so as I had to hold on to the steering wheel with both hands.This occurred only over 58 MPH..Car was in local shop and needed welding to support upper and lower control arms..

Now last month May 2015 the same thing happened.I was on the highway and when I reached a speed of @ 58-59 MPH couldn't hold onto the wheel with one hand..Once car decreased in speed it was OK.Took back to shop and was told both upper and lower control arms were rusted and needed replacement..Cost to me would be another $ 1500. Took truck to another mechanics shop and was told the same thing..It was so bad I should think of trading it in..

The truck ONLY HAS 41,000 Miles.Why hasn't Chrysler addressed this problem of rusted out front ends and front suspension..???

- , Hopewell Jct, USA

Dec 032012

Ram 1500 Sport 1500 Quad Cab 5.2L

violent shaking/banging,death wobble

Going down the highway at 50-70 hit a little bump etc the whole truck started to shake violently!!!! Lost control almost hit other drivers and guard rail before I could slow the truck down and get it back under control....They call it the Death Wobble.There are thousands of these complaints on the internet and others I've talked to with the same problem..It runs through many years of Dodge trucks before 2002 and Dodge has done nothing.It's a total dangerouse situation to the driver and others on the road.I've tried new ball joins,tie rods shocks,trac bar,tires etc etc nothing has worked.Dodge should be held accountable for this total defect and total road hazard.I'm sure they will wait until someone gets killed or severley hurt before action will be taken....Problem is there are so many trucks with this problem it would cost them a ton to recall all of them so Dodges attitude is screw it who care's if people get hurt NOT OUR PROBLEM!!!! FU DODGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- , N.Haben, CT, USA

Oct 032009

Ram 1500

when driving down the road at over 45mph, if i hit a small bump in the road, the front end will start to violently shake. I have to almost stop in the road to get it to quit. this started at lest a year ago, maybe longer. I do not drive the vehicle much, so I have not had it repaired yet, but I am looking into it. My wife was driving behind me one time when it happened and she said it looked like the front tire/wheel was going to lay on it's side.

- , Murfreesboro, TN, USA

May 012008

Ram 1500 SLT 5.9L

Started having front wheel shimmy violently at speeds over 40 mph. Took in for repair, and had to have the track bar, steering damper, pitman arm, four tie rod ends, and front brake pad and rotors replaced.

- , Wellston, OK, USA