2001 Dodge Ram 1500 wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Dodge Ram 1500:

2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Mar 062002

Ram 1500

Consumer after being informed about tire recall 01V28900O had taken vehicle to dealer. Manager insisted vehicle was not within recall notice. However, service manager at Michelin stated that all the D rated tires on consumer's Dodge, Ram were low rated, and could only hold a certain weight age that did not match vehicle compliance expectation.

- Manteca, CA, USA

Aug 202001

Ram 1500 4WD

I am reporting this problem on my fathers vehicle. I just learned of this issue from him, he is a 64yo man with a 8th grade education and I feel he has been taken advantage of. I am an engineer with a background as well in law. I talked with him on Sunday and this is the issue he has with his new Dodge Ram 1500 quadcab. The vehicle he found shook at speeds over 40 mph, only slightly. This worried him however and he had a friend at a tire dealership inspect the tires. It was then noticed that the Goodyear Wrangler tires he requested were not in fact lt or light truck tires but P, passenger car rated tires. They are 4 ply instead of the 6 ply as found in the lt modesl, (such as I have on my Jeep Wrangler). These tires bulge and in my opinion are deforming under the load of a heavier vehicle. Resulting in the vibrations at higher speeds. Also, since the tires aparently have issues just helping the truck maintain traction, if a load were to be added upwards of the gvwr then my likely conclusion would be that the tires could have a higher likelyhood of failure. This is a serious concern and an issue that needs to be addressed. It is putting the lives of everyone on the road at risk. And Dodge is not the only ones who do this, Chevy and Ford dealers my father also noticed to have done the same thing of putting on car tires on the trucks. The issue is of coruse cost here, the tires on my fathers truck were 70 dollars a piece, while the replacement truck tires my father put on were 125. My father traded in the tires but he does have a signed receipt from the tire dealer stating the issue of the tires, all their specs and why he suggested replacement. I know most people do not work their trucks hard, or use them near their gvwr but a truck should be able to perform up to its specs without serious safety concerns. I would like to see this investigated and for all owners to be given new tires or reimbursed for their costs. Please contact me as to your plans.

- Wilmington, DE, USA

Dec 072001

Ram 1500

Door jamb sticker call for 41lbs air in tires, tire calls for 35lbs max. Which is correct.

- Woodbridge, VA, USA

Apr 282001

Ram 1500

My truck has an engine miss, that is confirmed by the manufactures own engineers who say there is no known solution. DC refuses to honor their comittment and has failed in their so called attempts at repair. The clockspring has twice been replaced, first after it broke two days after the DC rep inspected my truck but refused to do anything with the concerns. Second time was the recall 982 which was performed on 7/9/01. The noise in the steering wheel has since returned and the steering at times gets tight while turning right. The first clockspring that broke was also after the vehicle steering wheel was turned to the right. The brakes will shudder when coming to a stop, and the dealer replaced the rear drums at one point but refused to procede further. On 5/13/01 coming to an intersection the trucks rear tires locked up and the truck entered the intersection approx. 1/3 to 1/2 the length of the truck, on 11/17/01while returning home I noticed a burnt odor at the rear of the truck, a further inspection showed smoke coming from the wheels, touching the rear wheel it was extremely hot to the touch. So hot in fact I pulled my hand away before I was burnt. Front tires still show extreme signs of wear, dealer has refused to do anything further. In fact dependable Dodge of vero beach on 5/14/01 told me DC ordered that no further work be done on my truck. They in fact stated they will breach their warranty.

- Vero Beach, FL, USA

Apr 282001

- Vero Beach, FL, USA

Aug 202001

- Wilmington, DE, USA

Jun 052001

Ram 1500

Dealer and manufacturer will not cooperate, nor fix any problems! no safety defect listed. (dot number: M32K tiresize: P245/75R16)

- Gilbert, AZ, USA

May 282001

Ram 1500 4WD

Tires have spilit from rim to tread. (tiresize: P246/70021)( dot number: Tire size: P246/70021 )

- Yuma, AZ, USA

Apr 172001

Ram 1500 4WD

New truck sold with different tires 265-16's and 275-17 tires.

- Garland, TX, USA

Apr 052001

Ram 1500

While driving about 70 mph transmission will shift to second gear, and rear tires will lock up without prior warning.

- College Grove, TN, USA

Apr 052001

- College Grove, TN, USA

Mar 092001

Ram 1500 4WD

Original equiptment Michelin tires, size P24575R16. While driving at 60 mph right rear tire suddenly blewout. Tread separated around whole tire. Dodge has been contacted.

- Richmond, CA, USA

Jul 102000

Ram 1500 Diesel

The tires worn really bad, tires manufactured by Michelin, consumer requests reimbursement.

- Hemlock, MI, USA

Nov 042000

Ram 1500 4WD

Original equipment on a 2001 Ram. Passenger's rear tire blewout at 30 mph, causing a collision.

- Colorado Springs, CO, USA