2003 Dodge Ram 1500 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Ram 1500:

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Nov 132012

Ram 1500 LS 5.7L Hemi

Very sad to read that a lot of people have spent a lot of time and money trying to resolve this. The truck was bought new and was taken regularly to Dodge dealer for the first 5 years we owned it. But as it was only taken on hunting trips it only had 5000 miles on it after 6 years and there was no need to try and keep going to the dealer.

I use it more now but this problem is really growing worse every week. I think I can stop throwing new parts at the problem thanks to what I have read here . I did ask if I could get a computer upgrade but was told to go to the after market. Thanks so much Dodge.

I have a DiaboSport tune on it with a after market exhaust system with new high output cat., new oxygen sensors, K&N air systems . I also have another 2003 Hemi with 230000 miles that does not lope at all, go figure. May need to get out of the Dodge camp

- , Flagstaff, AZ, USA

Jun 112013

Ram 1500 LX 5.7L

We have changed sensors, TCM, repaired wiring, and it still acts up, the transmission was replaced less than a year ago.

- , Hanover, N.M, USA