1. i have designed a spring clip to hold the rockers on (1 reports)
  2. new lifters (1 reports)
2003 Dodge Ram 1500 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Ram 1500:

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Mar 202015

Ram 1500 4.7L

click to see larger images

rocker arms falling off rocker arms falling off

My rockers fell off 3 times in 3 weeks. Teed me off [they had no fix] so I started working on a solution & designed a spring clip to hold rockers in place.They will be for sale soon probably under $200 a set. I am working on getting patent & a web site now you can check the site at Not much info yet but keep checking back my first web site & its going a little slow.

Update from Jan 1, 2016: for more info on the falling rocker fix call jim 816-274-2730

- , branson, MO, USA

Mar 032015

Ram 1500 SLT 4.7L

Its had ticking noise on start up since 30000 miles.

- , Smyrna, USA

Jul 072012

Ram 1500 4.7L

one morning getting ready to leave for work and started my truck and it made a popping noise under the hood, engine light came on, I pressed the gas pedal a little and noticed it would miss and backfire, I took it to the garage and they pulled valve cover off and found 2 rocker arms off, put rocker arms back on, drove vehicle for a couple of days and it done it again, we just replaced the rocker arms and lifters, truck done good for about a year then it did it again, pulled valve cover put back on. called local dodge dealership and they could not tell me how to fix this recurring problem, this is my last dodge vehicle. will buy a Toyota next time. thanks dodge for selling me a piece of sh*t.

- , Vicco, KY, USA