6.5

2. replace air bag clock spring assembly (1 reports)
2003 Dodge Ram 1500 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Ram 1500:

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Aug 312016

Ram 1500 SLT 4.7L V8

While driving in a rain shower the air bag light and warning sound occurred. Called Dodge factory representatives and reported this issue. . . they told me that there was nothing they could help me with this occurrence I answered back to them that I felt helpless about driving a vehicle that the air bag system wouldn't deploy or activate if I was in a frontal crash, which is happening so often in highway or freeway pileup crashes. Had to pay big money to fix their problem. Reported this incident NHTSB on their website.

- , Corpus Christi, TX, USA

Dec 162015

Ram 1500 4.7L V8

I had a problem with my heater core (cracked) which I had repaired a few months ago. I am not complaining about that for a truck of this age I expect maintenance issues with use. What was scary is that my mechanic said that when he took out the dash he inspected the drivers side airbag and found it to be defective. He stated that it could have deployed at any time without impact.

While nothing happened, it is scary to think that it could have and the consequences,

- , Louisville, TN, USA

Dec 172009

Ram 1500 SLT 4.7L V8

Dealership says they cant duplicate the problem??? i have even recorded it from my phone and showed them they dont know the cause!!!

- , Tucson, AZ, USA

Mar 132009

Ram 1500 SLT 4.7L V8

it sucks i'm not sure how to fix it. it only does it some of the time.

- , Taylors, SC, USA