7.5

1. $1,000 wanted by dealer to fix (2 reports)
  3. removed blend door (1 reports)
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Dodge Ram 1500:

2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Dec 182013

Ram 1500 1500 5.7L

I have no control over the vents. it only blows straight out of the vents---i have no floor vent or windshield defroster now. the only other function i have is the recirculation. I've seen more complaints about this problem than anything else, why is there no recall?

- , Marion, IN, USA

Dec 212011

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L

I had the blend door fixed two times and the third time it broke I traded the truck off .The dealer had taken out my dash two times and it was really loose after the repairs not to mention they broke my pillar handle and they claimed it was not them who broke it .

- , de Smet, SD, USA

Nov 012012

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L

I just bought my 2004 dodge ram 1500 5.7L used with 105,000M and noticed the air flow was weak coming out of the vents. Even though I heard the fan running strong. i knew something wasn't right. After researching online i found a common problem is the recirculating door breaks and would fall on top of the blower fan restricting air flow. I went under the glovebox and removed the blower motor reached up and of course the door was lying right there over the opening. I took a pair of Dykes and cut the center of the door and then broke it in half and pulled it out. Now the air flow strong A/C and Heat work great. Only down side is I'm pulling air from inside and out. Instead of either or. Easy fix took 10 minutes.

- , Novato, CA, USA

Jan 012007

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L

Why has Dodge (Chysler) not done the right thing and had a recall on this. They could fix and keep customers. Due to this and rust problem on bed side wheel well my next truck will not be a dodge. Wish I had bought a ford in 2004.

- , Warrenton, VA, USA