2004 Dodge Ram 1500 accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Dodge Ram 1500:

2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Oct 012009

Ram 1500

The turn signals, wipers, and high beams on my 04 Dodge Ram 1500 have been giving me issues for the last year. This started out as an intermittent problem and has gotten worse over time. At first it was just the turn signals. When I would signal left the right blinker would come on, or visa versa. Then sometimes it would work fine, and other times it would not come on at all. It's gotten worse over time and now I am at the point where only when I signal left will the right signal come on; nothing else works. My hazard switch at one time would work the left signal, and the left clicker would work the right signal but now that does not work either. At this point my hazard switch and left clicker now only work the right blinker and I have no way to work the left. As for the high beams, sometimes I am un-able to disengage them which is very dangerous for on-coming traffic. At this point I do not risk it and just don¿T use them, which can be dangerous to myself at some times. The wipers have a mind of their own. Sometimes when I have them on full speed/fast in heavy rain they will all of a sudden reduce to the lowest or middle setting. Sometimes they will just not turn on at all. I almost got into a major accident because of this and now just avoid driving in the rain if at all possible.

- Leonardtown, MD, USA