$2,200.00

1. new valve springs (1 reports)
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Dodge Ram 1500:

2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Jan 192016

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L

click to see larger images

broken valve spring broken valve spring broken valve spring broken valve spring broken valve spring

Bought my 2004 Dodge Ram w/ 5.7 Hemi in 2008 with 60,000 miles. It just had its 60,000 mile maintenance from the dealer. I have owned this truck for almost 8 years and put 67,000 miles on it. Always well maintained. I did the 60,000 maintenance at 120,000 miles, Transmission flushed, radiator flushed, power steering fluid flushed and replaced. This truck has had a noisy tic on cold startup for the last 20,000 or so miles, so when I'm in stop and go traffic and the engine starts to shake with a strange noise from the exhaust, I thought that the lifter had finally collapsed, No, it was a broken intake valve spring on the opposite side of the engine. I thank God that it didn't hit the piston. I am trying to repair both the lifter issue and the broken valve springs with all new ones. Hopefully this truck lasts a little bit longer because we just started a small business and this is our company's only service truck. Total cost will be about $1300 plus some labor from a mechanic friend.

- , Victorville, CA, USA