2004 Dodge Ram 1500 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Dodge Ram 1500:

2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

May 182005

Ram 1500 4WD 8-cyl

My Dodge Ram with the 5.7 (hemi) engine stalls without warning. Examples include stop lights, and driving conditions ranging from 20-65mph. Dodge serviced the vehicle but the problem still remains. The most recent event was 5/18/05. I am awaiting word on the current condition of my truck from the dealership...rem

- Tigard, OR, USA

Jan 262004

Ram 1500 4WD 8-cyl

I was approaching a road that I was going to make a right turn on, after traveling on a highway at approximately 60 mph. When I had slowed enough to start to make my turn, the truck stalled without warning and I had to complete the turn without power steering to avoid hitting a car waiting to turn at the light. I am a fairly big guy and made the turn without incident but had to really pull on the steering wheel to turn it. If my wife had been driving she would not have been able to make the turn. This happened when the truck had approximately 500 to 1000 miles on it. It never stalled again since then. The truck now has 12000 miles on it.

- Edgewood, MD, USA