8.7

2. dodge needs to do an investigation and possible recall (8 reports)
  3. dodge should do a recall!!! (3 reports)
  4. shut engine off after a few minutes restart (3 reports)
  5. clean air intake (1 reports)
  6. fuel tank replacement (1 reports)
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Dodge Ram 1500:

2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Oct 312007

Ram 1500 1500 5.7L

Every time I fill my fuel tank the vehicle stalls when coming to a stop and check engine light is on with codes for evap leak. I have taken it to 3 dealerships and they say they cant find a problem. I am about to park this dam truck in the f---ing front window there showroom

- , Jackson, MI, USA

Apr 092007

Ram 1500 HEMI 5.9

* CHRYSLER PLEASE READ *

This is not a random incident any longer. I have read countless complaints now in reference to the 5.9 HEMI engines stalling for no reason. I have cleaned my throttle body, and still stalls. It happens when dropping below 1000 RPMs approaching 500RPMs. Once the vehicle slows to reach idle RPMs (just above 500RPMs) it stalls. It happens sometimes 2-3 times a day. Sometimes slowing into a turn OR slowing down to pass through an intersection. I have had my truck stall in various occasions. It will start back up, but when it stalls you lose your power steering... This is a huge risk when going into a turn. I usually throw it into neutral and start it back up right away. But this has to be murder on my starter and engine. My Dealer says there is nothing wrong, but now that I am out of my warranty period, I am battling with keep taking it back to dealer and risk paying out the ass for testing or random attempts to fix it. This definitely has to be a recall issue if more than 5 people have the same problem.

- , Dover, DE, USA

Oct 092006

Ram 1500 Lonestar Editio

My Dodge Pickup turns off at stop lights, No warning- just shuts off!! The service departments solution to this - call the 1-800 number given and they will send a tow truck - don't try to start it up again. I have a baby and this would be a GREAT inconvenience to us! But they can not find the problem and the computer doesn't even flag when it stops - so they think we are lying!! So we start it right up and go on our way. What else can we do besides look into trading the stupid thing in. I'm so frustrated but after all the times it has shut off and the times we take it to be serviced and NOTHING gets fixed, and on top of that we have a lot of problems with the service department "service advisors" and their attitudes and never calling us back and then that receptionist in the service department. I have come to the conclusion - it's time to move on.

- , Odessa, TX, USA

Jan 172007

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7 HEMI

Problem started a year ago , I was driving on an icy road at around 50 mph, had to slam the brakes, and the engine then stalled causing brakes and steering to barely function. I repeated the process with same result, went to my dealer and they could find no problem.

Now my truck stalls occasionally when I press the brakes when I approach a stop or intersection , catches me by surprise... go through stop........ Now my truck is at the dealer as this morning same thing occurred but now no more steering and brakes at all. The remedy before was I shut off motor, restart and brakes and steering come back to life.

I thought I was the only one experiencing this problem, as my dealer said they had never seen such a problem.......... but I see on this web site 2 others have the same problem

- , Valdor, QUE, Canada

Apr 192006

Ram 1500

Other then this problem being very dangerous, its frustrating when the Dealer is unable to repair.

- , Covina, CA, USA

Jun 162005

Ram 1500 SLT

STALLS ALL THE TIME WHEN YOU COME TO A STOP! WAS TOLD BY DEALER IT IS A COMPUTER MALFUNCTION AND HAD GOTTEN A NEW PROGRAM DOWNLOADED FROM CHRYSLER AND IT DID NOT WORK. IF FACT, WENT FROM 4-5 X A WEEK TO 5 A DAY! SO ITS WORSE NOW THEN BEFORE. GOING BACK TODAY 6/15/05 TO SEE WHAT THEY CAN DO NOW. VERY DANGEROUS WHEN IT DIES IN THE MIDDLE OF AN INTERSECTION AND LIGHT TURNS RED AND YOU'RE THERE TRYING TO RESTART AND GO INTO A PANIC. REALLY SUCKS. SO FAR, IT STARTS RIGHT UP.

- , Sellersville, PA, USA