1. replace oil pan (3 reports)
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Dodge Ram 1500:

2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Mar 082016

Ram 1500 Laramie 5.7L Hemi

I find it hard to believe for what you pay for a dam vehicle that with in two years if that how bad every think rust .My oil pan is so rusted I am afraid to even put a wrench on it to change the oil. And to top that off even my oil dip stick is even rusted. I love my truck but nothing is made like it used to be, piss poor quality.

- , South Fork, PA, USA

Mar 012011

Ram 1500 SLT

rust, rust, rust and more rust. body, bed, undercarriage!

- , Truxton, NY, USA

Aug 012010

Ram 1500 5.7L

First it was the transmission pan and now it's the engine oil pan. What kind of cheap ass paint or steel did they use on these vehicles. I have never seen the likes of it in all me driving years. And it's not covered under any warranty. Unbeliveable !!!! I love my truck but this is really pissing me off.

- , Glen Ellyn, IL, USA