3.9

2004 Dodge Ram 1500 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Dodge Ram 1500:

2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Nov 262008

Ram 1500 8-cyl

My 2004 Dodge ram1500 V8 5.7 L engine 2wd stalls at intersections in cold temperatures. Also at times when the accelerator pedal is pressed there is no rmp increase. The stalling is extremely dangerous as I am at an intersection, I have to quickly restart the engine and hopefully not get rearended. I first noticed this problem at approximately 60K. I talked to my mechanic who informed me that there was a fuel system problem with Dodge 2003 and 2004 1500 V8 5.7 L engines for trucks. He directed me to a web site were I discovered several sub sites with people describing the same problems I am experiencing. Engine stalling in cold temperatures at intersections with their 2003 and 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 V8 5.7L engines. Some of them did get into crashes unable to avoid getting rearended. I was also informed by my mechanic that both 2wd and 4WD trucks with the 1500 V8 5.7 L engines had this fuel system problem. My truck stalling is numerous daily, some times 2 or 3 times in the morning on the way to work, and again 2 or 3 times on the way home. What I have discovered is if I allow the engine to warm up, approximately 10 minutes, I won't stall. To be safe from getting rearended it's best I waste a little gas each time I start the engine. My mechanic also informed me that the problem has to do with an improper throttle body. The repair would be to remove the improper throttle body and install a proper throttle body. I did contact my Dodge dealership and talked to the service manager, (who shall not be named per your request), who informed me that there was no recall on my VIN number, of my truck, but would not tell me if their were any recalls on any 2003 or 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 V8.5.7 L engines for an improper throttle body causing stalling in cold temperatures when coming to a stop at an intersection. I am going to pay my deductible at the dealership and get my truck safe, but I also want to be reimbursed. This is unsafe and should be recalled. Thank you!

- Orangevale, CA, USA

May 052004

Ram 1500 6-cyl

At certain speeds the truck is choking down, not getting enough gas. At time the vehicle operates as if it's not getting enough fuel. The gas mileage has also been drastically reduced.

- Watkinsville, GA, USA