2005 Dodge Ram 1500 suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Dodge Ram 1500:

2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Sep 272012

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact stated that while driving 70 mph, the contact heard a loud noise coming from the rear of the vehicle. The contact took the vehicle to a dealer for inspection where they stated that the axle pin back and the axle needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 157,000.

- La Place, LA, USA

Oct 042012

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact stated that while traveling 60 mph the pinion nut came loose from the pinion shaft. As a result, the rear wheels locked up. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who stated that he never seen that type of failure before. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure who did not offer any assistance since the vehicle was no longer under warranty. The failure and current mileage was 105,000.

- Williamsport, PA, USA

Dec 202010

Ram 1500

Driving during inclement weather event, heard a pop in the area of the right front wheel. Assumed it was ice or snow. Within the next 20 miles, slight vibration began and grinding noise heard. Parked vehicle for week while out of town. Returned drove to work, approx 22 miles, problem persisted and got worse, this was during another snow event. Decided to seek assistance from local dealership, refused immediate attention, set up appointment for Jan. 4, 2010. Called local repair shop near home. Could get me in immediately. Attempted to drive to repair shop. Right from wheel bearing failed, causing damage to hub and axle. Had to be hauled in because the wheel separated from axle. Caused tire to ride up into upper control arm and destroyed tire. Searched internet and found that 2006 Dodge Ram had been recalled for similar problems and that 2002 thru 2008 Dodge Ram that had replacements with specific brands had been recalled. My vehicle had only 53,412 miles on it when the bearing assembly failed. It has cost me over $600 in repairs that were not covered by the "70,000 mile limited drivetrain warranty." The replaced parts are available and in my possession. It seems to me this is a fairly common occurrence in Dodge pickups of many model years including 2005 both 2 and 4 wheel drive.

- Pennington Gap, VA, USA

May 022010

Ram 1500

I have a 05 Dodge Ram and I snapped my axle for the second time! the first time I did it I slid into a curb and snapped the end of my axle clean off with the whole brake system still attached to rim and tire which was completely intact. All hit had damaged on it was a scratch on the rim. I thought it was a freak accident so I took care of it myself and purchased the same exact axle. A couple weeks ago I was driving on a flat dirt road at about thirty miles per hour when a coyote ran out in front of me. To Dodge it I swirved into a dry up mud rut which is usually no big deal to drive into but when I went into it my truck quickly turned sideways then whipped me back around in the direction I was heading in. I got out of my truck and saw that my driver side wheel ripped completely off! I went around to the passenger side and saw that my axle was snapped in the exact same way that I did it the first time! like somebody cut it off with a knife! I was furious to see this so that next weed I called Dodge and complained because one time is a freak accident but two. The man told me he has never heard of an axle breaking and that is not suppose to happen and my warranty should cover it. Dodge sent out a warranty adjuster to look at my vehicle and after that I got a letter in the mail saying that they will not warranty it becauce the damage was do to impact. I researched the web and found and saw alot of bad info on Chrysler vehicles. I even saw a video of my exact same truck with its axle snapped just like mine was! I also read that Dodge has problems with there axles shearing/hubs seperating causing wheels to fall off! Chrysler lied to me saying that they've never heard of axles braking when it clearly shows on that website that they have this problem and do nothing about and refuse to fix there broken products. These vehicles are dangerous and something needs to be done about. Its been a month and my knee is still swollen.

- Mountain Home, ID, USA

Jun 062005

Ram 1500

I have had (2)two close calls from a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 due to equipment failures. (1) the power steering pump failed during a snowstorm and skidded me off the road. (2) recently with just 44,000 miles on the Ram the wheelbearings seized and the driverside tire blowout sending me again to the side of the road into a small culvert. Even though under warranty Dodge is delaying fixing it because I have been complaining about these equipment failures. I've noticed many complaints and even limited recalls regarding Dodge wheelbearings being defective. If you are involved with either of these equipment failures you'd know how catastrophic it could be.

- Theresa, NY, USA

Dec 172005

Ram 1500 6-cyl

: the contact stated while driving at 30mph, the vehicle was involved in a crash. The brake pedal was depressed; however the vehicle did not stop and hit another vehicle. The contact was wearing a safety restraint and received no injuries. There was considerable amount of damage to both vehicles involved. The vehicle was taken to the local dealership prior to the incident concerning brake problems. The dealer had previously replaced the rear axle, rear brakes, rear brake drum, rear brake pads, brake shoes, linings and also the rear spring. The dealer stated no additional repairs could be completed until the manufacturer released other tsb's. the police filed a report at the scene.

- Cedar Park, TX, USA

May 012005

Ram 1500 6-cyl

2005 Dodge Ram 1500 experiencing problems with premature tire wear, rusted components underneath the vehicle, loose front passenger seat, transmission shifting, speedometer inaccurate, and problems with the body paint. The ride height was low in the front, there was stiff suspension, there was a loose strip rubber above the left door, the suspension bar may have been cracked, there was abnormal scalloping on the front tire outside tread, there was an exhaust pipe leak, the exhaust system components showed signs of overheating. The lower portion of the right side steering knuckle showed a visible line that could possibly crack. The engine idling was harsh when moving the shift into reverse.

- Pasadena, CA, USA