2006 Dodge Ram 1500 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Dodge Ram 1500:

2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Feb 022007

Ram 1500 4WD 8-cyl

I have a 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4 St. The problem is static electricity in the ignition switch which Chrysler engineer have acknowledged that their is a problem and the problem is when the weather is dry and I go to start my vehicle the surge of the static electricity in the air sets of my horn, my chimes, my interior lights, my cargo lights and my open door lights. The horn blare for up to 3 to 4 minutes and the rest takes an hour or more to reset themselves or I have to disconnect the battery to get them to stop. The dealer ship gave me a can of static guard to spray on my seats to keep this from happening. At night when this happens, I have to cut off my instrument panel lights in order to drive because of the interior lights staying on. I have tried the lemon law etc. Dave weinberger a spokesman with Chrysler has not kept me abreast of what is going on. I want my truck fixed or replace with another. My family has allergies and the spraying of this static guard is not helping their conditions either! again Chrysler is the ones who told me that they knew of the problem and are dragging their feet to fix it.

- Vinton, VA, USA