9.6

$5,300.00

2. replace internal oil pump (1 reports)
2006 Dodge Ram 1500 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Dodge Ram 1500:

2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Apr 182014

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L Hemi

Another unsatisfied 2006 Dodge Ram Hemi owner here since only having this truck since August 2012 which had 78000 miles on it when purchased. It has been nothing but a headache from day 1. Two weeks in I had to replace the leaking thermostat, no big deal, easy fix. Then came the check engine light and the many codes along with it!. Jeez, what did I buy? After replacing the oil sending unit as determined by the engine code twice, that wasn't the problem.

Then one day less then 18 months later from my day of purchase and just around 15,000 miles put on by myself I have the oil pressure drop and hear this awful screeching that could be only the main bearing. I have changed the oil in this vehicle every 3000 to 4000 miles. How does this happen with today's technology in a highly advertised motor from Chrysler? After taking it to the dealer to have diagnosed for $90 I was told they would have to tear the motor down to determine the issue ($560) only to call me back to tell me the motor was shot (thanks Chrysler service professional ). I think I had told you that when I brought this P O S to you in the first place. So then the good news, $6700 for a new motor. No thanks, you can have this piece of sh*t. I'll be buying a Ford or even a Chevy and would never recommend any Chrysler product to my worst enemy!

- , Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Mar 012011

Ram 1500 5.6L

I have had nothing but problems with this truck, I have spent more on my extended warranty than it cost. The engine has always had a high pitch wine to it but the dealership where I bought it said that it was okay. Then about two weeks ago I left work headed home and the check gauges light came on, I noticed my oil pressure was dropping, I pulled over and turned off the engine, checked my oil and found I had plenty. I had just changed it about 2 weeks earlier with a recommended oil. The oil smelt burnt however and when i tried to start it, nothing. I talked to my mechanic and found that he has replaced three Hemi's on the dodge rams with the same problem. Dodge declined to help with the cost of repair and I'm out 4600.00 for a replacement. Damn sad when a 5 year old truck would die when taken care of. Give me a 1964 truck from a farm field and I'll show you a truck that will last a lot longer then this piece of crap.I would like to find others with this issue.

- , Parachute, CO, USA

Apr 102010

Ram 1500 Hemi

The oil pressure dropped while I was pulling my boat 25 miles outside of Ontario, Oregon. I pulled over as soon as possible but it was too late. The truck never started again. The tow bill to Ontario was $1,000 and then I was told that the motor could not be repaired or rebuilt it had to be replaced at a cost of $10,000. Not a good day!

- , Meridian, ID, USA

Sep 142009

Ram 1500 3.7L V6

Truck belongs to my Son who is stationed out of Virginia Beach with the Navy. before he went on his 5th tour overseas he was near Suffolk Va. when his engine reved up and he heard a loud noise and lost all power. When he pulled over he found that the engine threw a rod. ( Truck only has 48,000 miles on it ) Truck was towed to Starr Motors in Suffolk Va. and were giving permission to remove valve cover and drop oil pan to see why. The extended warranty company ( Century Service Plus ) was notified. When I said the word Lawyer I was told the conversation was over.

The dealership took the engine completely apart ( not authorized ) according to the dealership and Chrysler's factory Rep. the reason was because we changed our own oil and did not use Chrysler Parts. ( after being a mechanic for 28 years I think I know what I'm doing ) I don't think Fram filters or any other filter Company would like to hear this. I called the Dealership and spoke to the service advisor and I asked for copies of the report from the independent adjuster and was told she didn't know the name of the Company or who the adjuster was. ( Smell like a cover up? Or outrageous incompetence? ) I spoke to a local Chrysler Dealership Service Manager and he printed out information on the oil pump and gave it to me. Once the truck was towed home to Delaware you would not believe how they stored the Parts from the truck. Dirty parts inside the interior and Block,Pistions,Crankshaft,and everthing else was left in the back of the truck. I have pictures of how the truck was stored at the Dealership out in the open, not protected by any type of fence and this is a 5 Star Dealership.

If anyone else has these problems ( and it seems they never cured the problem from 2003 ) E-mail me and let's get together and start a class action lawsuit. We need to take Chrysler to it's knees and make them pay, after all how many times has the Goverment bailed them out. ( with our tax money ) Do not buy Chrysler products, long live FORDS!

Update from Apr 27, 2010: Myself and a friend who also is a certified mechanic installed a complete new Jasper 3.7 v-6. In my complaint I just realized that I had statedit was a 4.7. Sorry big fingers. I highly recommend putting in a new Jasper engine instead of going with another Mopar engine. Found out from local Chrysler mechanic they also are having a problem with the 3.7 in the Jeep Liberty.Left head blows.Hey Chrysler still don't think you have a problem. See you soon in court along with the Dealership and the extended warranty company!

- , Smyrna, DE, USA

Jul 062009

Ram 1500 5.7L Hemi

We had this truck to the dealer in July for 3 weeks, they sent it home saying nothing was wrong & to change the oil because it was the wrong kind of oil. When I asked to see the proof of wrong oil they had no proof. I was using Rotal Purple 5w 20 oil recomended by chrysler. We ended up changing the Oil sensor unit at a cost of $32.00. That seemed to fix the problem we thought.

Took the truck on vacation in Sept. and the engine blew, the result was the internal oil pump was not working. Chrysler agreed to fix the truck with an estimate of $8500.00 and we have to pay $3900.00 of that. Ended up the cost was $6000.00 and we still have to pay $3900.00. I wonder why if chrysler thought it wasn't there problem why did they pay for some off it and why didn't the dealership change the oil while it was ther if they thought it was wrong. I am screwed any way you look at it. My truck is still sitting at the dealer because I can't pay the bill, chrysler told me they paid $6000.00 to the dealer but the dealer says they only got $2100.00. So beware when your truck hits this mile mark. Beware of the engine noise from day 1. My truck had that to.

- , Ortonville, MI, USA