2007 Dodge Ram 1500 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Dodge Ram 1500:

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Jul 112016

Ram 1500

Driving and the vehicle quit. Not getting gas. Have a half tank of gas.

- Pawling, NY, USA

Nov 162015

Ram 1500

I purchased my vehicle 7 days ago. I have discovered a dangerous issue that only presents itself immediately after refueling. At low speeds in, turning, or while maneuvering through traffic the truck will chug and then die. Leaving my vehicle without power steering and little braking ability. It happened twice after fueling Friday, and then again three times after fueling today. Two of the three times I was in heavy traffic and was almost in a collision by unsuspecting drivers behind me. The third time I was turning onto a sharp on ramp to merge into traffic. Thankfully it died at the bottom of the ramp and not at the top where I would have been in traffic. And thankfully my wife wasn't driving, because without power steering her and my two daughters would have likely straightened out the on ramp and found themselves at the bottom of a steep bank. If this would happen while crossing a busy intersection a collision would be highly likely with fatalities for sure. The problem lasts for about the fist ten to fifteen miles of driving, and dies at lower speeds 0-25 mph. I have read about NHTSA investigations into other Chrysler vehicles presenting the same issues, and where the warranties have been extended on the fuel tanks to resolve the issue. These warranties must be extended to the 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 as well in order to resolve this issue before someone is caught in traffic and killed.

- Louisville, MS, USA

Oct 182007

Ram 1500

Since the truck was new it would spew gas from the filler tube after the fuel pump shuts off. There is an extended warranty on the fuel tank inlet check valve. Even though my problem is exactly what is described, because my VIN number search doesnt show my truck as being invlolved in the problem, Dodge will not fix the check valve.

- Bend, OR, USA

Jun 012015

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact stated that while driving approximately 55 mph, the check engine and the check fuel cap warning lights illuminated. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the fuel cap needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The failure recurred. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 63,000.

- Alpena, MI, USA

Apr 022014

Ram 1500

Truck began stalling with engine shutting off at random: While driving, at stop lights, etc. Truck would not restart for various lengths of time. Diagnosed as a bad fuel pump. Fuel pump replaced with no improvement in behavior. Diagnosed as intermittent random no electrical power to fuel pump module caused by malfunctioning tipm. Replacement is $900-$1100. Told this is a common occurrence with Chrysler/Dodge tipms, with no guarantee of non-recurrence. Total loss of engine power due to a shut down of the fuel pump module while driving did not result in an accident, but the potential for an accident was huge. Dodge dealer does not acknowledge a problem with tipms, but their mechanic has communicated that there are so many issues with tipms, that they have the part on back-order. Please look into the tipm problem and Dodge's complete control over the replacement/programming of these modules, holding owners hostage.

- Columbia, MD, USA

May 052014

Ram 1500

Engine light and gas cap light keep coming on. Replaced gas cap. Light still coming on. Independent garage says there is an air leak in line. Appears to be a reoccurring issue with fuel lines on this model that leak because they rub on housing and not install proper by manufacturer. Local dealer says it will be 1,100 to 1,400 to fix fuel lines.

- Peoria, IL, USA

Apr 102012

Ram 1500 8-cyl

I filled up my gas tank with fuel and as I was merging onto the highway, the car stalled. It continued to stall for about 50 miles. Now every time I fill up my tank it will stall on me until I drive about 30-50 miles and the tank is no longer full. It is very dangerous and I cant let my wife or family drive it for fear of stalling and having an accident.

- Arlington, TX, USA

Aug 042012

Ram 1500 8-cyl

While waiting in traffic for light to change at corner of jackson bluff road and hwy 544, conway, SC, on 4 August 2012, truck suddenly accelerated even when brake was applied. Was able to whip truck onto sidewalk at jackson bluff rd & 544 to avoid an accident. It appeared that truck engine accelerated to as much as 2000 RPM even with brake on as firm as possible.

- Myrtle Beach, SC, USA

Oct 072011

Ram 1500

When I fill up my gas tank fuel always spits out after the pump shuts off. It does it at every filling station I have used. It is like the tank is burping.

- Centerville, UT, USA