2.7

2008 Dodge Ram 1500 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Dodge Ram 1500:

2008 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Mar 042015

Ram 1500

Truck has had multiple incidents of stalling and shutting off with no advance warning or notice. I come to a stop or turn and the engine shuts off. Power steering is lost and even though it starts right back up when put on neutral it has started to worry me to the point where I no longer feel safe driving this vehicle for fear this may happen on the highway. I've had throttle work done and wires replaced but it continues to do the same thing and no codes appear as to what may be causing this problem. The dealer also cannot tell me the reason why this is happening.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Mar 012015

Ram 1500

The truck began stalling while shifting from reverse to drive. It is now happening when shifting from drive to park. There are no codes in the computer and the check engine light does not come on. When this happens, I loose power steering. The truck always re-starts right away.

- Sturgis, MI, USA

Jun 232014

Ram 1500

Driving in heavy traffic the engine stopped. I coasted to the roadside and restarted after sitting about 15 minutes. This has happened about 5 times since then. I took it to an auto mechanic who could find nothing after 1 hour of road testing and truck engine computer readouts.

- Chandler, AZ, USA

Jun 242010

Ram 1500

When driving the truck gives no warning everything just shuts off and I loose all power. I can't steer the car or break very easy. This has happened to me now twice. It is very scary and my dealer who sold me the truck brand new said he has heard of this with the model I bought.

- San Angelo, TX, USA

Apr 152010

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2008 Dodge sprinter 3500. The contact was driving at approximately 55 mph, when the vehicle suddenly lost power and the check engine light illuminated. The contact pulled over and had the vehicle towed to an authorized dealership; the dealer did not find any problems after inspecting the vehicle. The failure mileage was approximately 5,300. The current mileage was approximately 5,500. Updated 11/03/10.

- Fleetwood, PA, USA