2009 Dodge Ram 1500 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Dodge Ram 1500:

2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Jun 042015

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2009 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact stated that while driving at various speeds, the electronic stability program and the brake assist system warning lights illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the electronic stability program and the brake assist system units needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 29,152.

- Warren, MI, USA

Aug 072015

Ram 1500

There is an issue with my 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 ABS sensor, specifically the front passages side sensor. When reaching certain speeds, the ABS break attempts to engage, it also engages when pressing the break slightly. This cause one to correct the amount of pressure applied to the break, and also I have to correct the steering to counter the increase in breaking. When it is time to actually break for an emergency, the truck will not break properly and cause and accident or my life.

- Fayetteville, NC, USA

Jan 012015

Ram 1500

While vehicle was in motion on the highway. The vehicle just shut off. I had to pull over with out any power to the side of the road and restart vehicle. This not only happened once but 2 time with in same month but different days. I called manufacture and was told to just make sure I keep up with oil changes. Now there is a major recall on certain trucks but main is not included but it should be and I want the matter looked after please

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Apr 202015

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2013 (na) Dodge Ram 1500. While driving approximately 64 mph during inclement weather, the rear of the vehicle swayed from left to right. As a result, the vehicle hydroplaned and rolled multiple times without warning. The air bags failed to deploy. The contact sustained a neck and back injury that required medical attention. A police report was filed. The vehicle was not diagnosed, but the body was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The VIN was included in NHTSA campaign number: 13V287000 (electronic stability control). The failure mileage was 29,900....updated 09/28/15

- Monrovia, IN, USA

Dec 312014

Ram 1500 4WD 8-cyl

It got cold on this morning went out to start truck. Started fine like always drove my wife to work soon as I put truck in reverse my ABS light traction control and emergency brake lights all flashed on at once. Took into get brakes checked they said they were fine. Also have four exhaust manifold bolts broke flush off on the block kinda been reading a lot of people have too. Is this going to be a recall?

- Pocatello, ID, USA

Jan 202014

Ram 1500 8-cyl

I was driving in snow and slippery conditions and as I started to accelerate I could feel that the snow was having an effect on my trucks traction and with that the traction control light illuminated on my dashboard to inform me that one of my drive wheels must be loosing traction. After moving along at highway speeds on dry salt treated pavement the ABS, brake, esp, and bas, light all came on and have not gone off since. I am not sure what effect this will have on my braking ability if traction becomes an issue or if heavy braking is involved.

- Bensalem, PA, USA

May 012013

Ram 1500 8-cyl

For the past week, my 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 has had issues with the windshield wipers not working, the lights for the stability control are on as well as the lights for the air bag. In addition, the rear windows do not work. All of these could be extremely hazardous depending on the driving conditions. I have taken the vehicle to the dealer who told me it would cost roughly $1800 to repair/replace the tipm. I find this extremely disturbing considering I have had this vehicle in numerous times for other issues and they have messed with the wiring on a number of different occasions. I believe the NHTSA should immediately issue a recall for this vehicle and issue before someone gets hurt or injured or worse because of it.

- Huffman, TX, USA

Nov 122012

Ram 1500 8-cyl

Esp/bas warning lights came on while waiting in the gas lines. The truck fish tails / skids more frequently on slick / rain roads. The lights did not go out after checking fluid levels, electrical connections, etc. It appears to be a common occurrence for Ram 1500slt trucks after doing an internet search on the condition. I have not contacted the dealer yet in hopes of the condition correcting itself, but will shortly. Also, it appears to be the beginning of rust in the rear body / tow frame of the truck after less than four years.

- Cedar Knolls, NJ, USA

Dec 252009

Ram 1500

2010 Dodge 1500 Ram with less than 9000 miles sudden dangerous deceleration and ABS,4wheel drive service and esp lights alarming while driving at freeway speeds. Frightening! truck seeming to cut out and applying the brakes without any input from driver. Could easily result in loss of control. Speedometer also swinging across from 0 to 65mph constantly during events.

- Salt Lake City, UT, USA