2.3

2009 Dodge Ram 1500 lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Dodge Ram 1500:

2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Dec 152015

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2009 Dodge Ram 1500. While driving 60 mph in inclement weather, both high and low beam headlamps failed to illuminate. The contact independently replaced the bulbs; however, the failure recurred and the vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the totally integrated power module (tipm) needed to be reset. The vehicle was repaired, but the failure persisted. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the tipm needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 93,000.

- Lyons, GA, USA

May 012015

Ram 1500

Passenger side headlight intermittantly fails, but bulb is ok. Windows intermittantly roll themselves down. Key(fob) gets stuck in recepticale. Passenger side windshield sprayer does not spray water.

- Denham Springs, LA, USA

Feb 142015

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2009 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact stated that the headlights failed to illuminate properly and caused poor visibility. The contact stated that the vehicle was taken to more than two dealers and they performed various unknown repairs, which did not remedy the failure. The contact stated that there was a failure with the low beam and high beam visibility which caused the contact to have to drive slower during inclement weather conditions. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was not available. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 60,000.

- Limestone , NY, USA

Apr 012014

Ram 1500

The rear axle pinion nut on my truck is recalled causing major safety issue. Chrysler is refusing to do anything other than telling people to wait and they are ok to continue to drive the vehicle until it breaks. This is my only vehicle, and I need a safe vehicle for my family and me to be in. You're putting our lives, and everyone elses at risk is 100%irresponsible of me and Chrysler. Please help us consumers. My light came on service 4 wheel drive, esp traction control, I purchased an extended warranty which is what saved me, I am having electrical problems with the headlights, first the drivers side and now the passager side. I have called Dodge dealer several times to schedule the service for the replacement. They do not have the part or don't know when the part will be there.

- Cleveland, OH, USA

Apr 012014

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2009 Dodge Ram 1500. While operating the vehicle at night with the low beam headlights activated, the lights would not illuminate bright enough for the driver to see the road. The vehicle was taken to the dealer multiple times and the light bulbs were replaced, but the failure continued. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 57,000.

- Limestone, NY, USA

Sep 032014

Ram 1500 4WD 8-cyl

Head lights stop working, after inspection the connectors to the lights are malfunctioning, defective. During the 3 year warranty vehicle was taken to dealer to repair this but nothing was done to replace connectors, dealers claim that connectors were clean. Problem still exist and lights both go on an off, connectors are clean and no corrosion was found, connectors have to be replace in order to fix problem. If wiggle or squeeze by hands they worked evendo they are completely inserted with lock in place. This is a must do while on the road at night driver goes blind and can and it will cause an accident.

- San Lorenzo, PR, USA

Jun 192014

Ram 1500 8-cyl

While driving down the road the head lights (low and high) will go off and come on. It is a safety hazard and needs to be addressed. I have replace the bulbs but it is still doing it. May be an issue with the harness please address the problem.

- Albertville, AL, USA

Nov 212009

Ram 1500 8-cyl

Deer ran into me. My headlights on my Ram are so inferior that I couldn't see the deer. I don't think he could see me either. The headlights on the Ram are so poor I have started looking on websites to see if others are having the same problems. I have found hundreds of other Ram owners with the same complaint. We all have commented how we can drive with our brights on and never get flashed back. Apparently Chrysler has corrected the problem on the 2013 model. (finally). Chrysler needs to recall the affected Ram and fix the headlights before people are injured and killed, or should I say before more are injured and killed.

- Tahlequah, OK, USA

May 152012

Ram 1500 8-cyl

The doors that switch the air up to the windshield or to your feet or face started flapping back anfourth and then stuck ion blowing on your feet never switching again. Then before I could get back to the dealership to get fixed the whole HVAC system quit working all except the fan switch, it still blows on your feet. When the system quit it also stopped my automatic headlight on switch to quit. You can't defrost the windshield how is that not safe. The truck had about 50000 miles when these started happen.

- Temple, TX, USA

Feb 142012

Ram 1500 8-cyl

Passenger side head lamp failure. Both high & low beam will randomly go off and working intermittently. Common problem posted among 2009+ Dodge Ram owners. Caused by faulty ground wiring.

- Tomball, TX, USA

Feb 142012

- Tomball, TX, USA

Apr 012011

Ram 1500 8-cyl

Dashboard began cracking and caving in. Large and small pieces have fallen into the dash area. Soon after, I noticed that several times I have tried using my high beams, and will lose my headlamps, and the high beams don't come on either. Didn't think they were related but recently have heard and read of several other owners who have experienced the same problem with their Dodge Ram that have broken dashboards. Some have other electrical problems in the dash too. I also now have significant wind whistle coming from the front windshield unless I leave a window cracked or vent open when travelling highway speeds. Suspect it is from loss of structural rigidity due to collapsed dash.

- Dougalsville, GA, USA