2009 Dodge Ram 1500 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Dodge Ram 1500:

2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Sep 222015

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2009 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 15V460000 (air bags, seat belts); however, the part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time to provide the part to do the recall repair. The VIN was unknown. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Hobart, IN, USA

Ram 1500 6-cyl Diesel

Air bag did not deploy/seat belt did not lock. I was the only person in my vehicle. I accidentally rear ended a car who had abruptly stopped in traffic in front of me. Severe heavy damage was done to the front driver side and passenger side of my vehicle. My Dodge was declared a total loss. I suffered severe pain/injury to my head and neck. All persons involved in my and the other vehicle had to seek medical attention. My 2009 Dodge Ram was purchased new off the Dodge lot in 2009...updated 10/20/11

- Hephzibag, GA, USA

Ram 1500

1 person injured(driver) in Dodge Ram. However 2 other vehicles involved and not sure about their injuries. I accidently rear ended vehicle ahead of me which caused that vehicle to rear-end vehicle ahead of it. My vehicle(Dodge Ram) was totaled. Frontal impact of Dodge was very severe and caused me(driver) head and cervical trauma, resulting in emergency room visit and rehab therapies. All airbags in Dodge Ram failed to deploy and driver seatbelt failed to retract/respond resulting in my head/neck/spinal injury. I have written Dodge-Chrysler, they say they sent someone to inspect truck and say they are not responsible for the airbag and seatbelt not working. Dodge/Chrysler also write the airbag/seatbelt was not suppose to work due to the speed limit (40mph) driven and due to more of a side impact than frontal. However, the impact was both frontal and front side. (I have pictures)

- Hephzibah, GA, USA

Ram 1500 6-cyl

Airbags did not deploy. Seatbelts did not retract/work. Was involved in a frontal driver side collision in which my 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 was totaled. I received head trauma injury per airbag and seatbelt not working. Chrysler/Dodge denying any responsibility w/ their defective product.

- Hephzibah, GA, USA

Jan 032011

Ram 1500 4WD 6-cyl

Seatbelt in truck caught the door handle and locked so you cannot pull out more belt to get it off the handle. This also causes the door handle to be partially lifted which automatically unlocks and opens the door while the vehicle is parked or in motion. Even with the door cracked openas far as the belt will allow the belt will not release the handle and allow the door to open more then a few inches. If this was an accident a person could be trapped in the vehicle and not be able to get out without requiring additional equipment to cut the seatbelt or break a window. So far this has not been corrected on my vehicle we will take the truck to the Dodge dealer tomorrow for now no one rides in the passenger seat. I suspect the seatbelt will need to be unbolted from the floor to unhook the belt off the door handle. I do have photos available and the issue can be replicated on the drivers and passengers doors.

- Pasco, WA, USA