4.2

2010 Dodge Ram 1500 suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Dodge Ram 1500:

2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Dec 282013

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact stated that while driving approximately 5 mph, the front passenger's side wheel fractured while completing a turn. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic, who diagnosed that the lower control arm, cv axle and the passenger's side fender needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 71,493.

- Maringouin, LA, USA

Dec 132013

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact stated that while driving 70 mph, the rear wheels seized. The vehicle was towed to the dealer for inspection where they stated that the pinion nut had become detached and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 35,879. The VIN was unavailable.

- West Palm Beach, FL, USA

Nov 282013

Ram 1500

While driving my 2010 Dodge power wagon ( cc, 5.7 liter engine with no modification) at highway speeds I hit a small bump and the front end began to "shimmy", really bounce out of control for a moment or two. I slowed down, gripped the steering wheel and it eventually settled down. This "shimmy" isn't consistent as it does not always happen, even over the same bump on the road. Help.

- Washington, DC, USA

Sep 242013

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact stated that while driving 40 mph, the rear of the vehicle lifted from the ground and dropped. The vehicle was towed to the dealer where the failure was located at the rear differential bolt, which had become separated from the drive shaft. In addition, the transfer case was also damaged. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure and current mileage was 44,036.

- Marietta, GA, USA

Sep 062013

Ram 1500

This is to file a complaint about our recall on N08/NHTSA 13V-038 notice on April 22, 2013. We have taken the truck twice and have been told burns motors that they do not have the parts. We are just documenting that we are still pending this recall.

- Mcallen, TX, USA

Aug 182013

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact stated that while traveling approximately 65 mph, the contact heard a loud boom as the rear end dropped to the ground. The vehicle was moved to the shoulder and upon inspection, it was found that the pinion nut had failed. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was contacted about the failure. The failure mileage was 20,074.

- San Lorenzo, CA, USA

Aug 122013

Ram 1500

I can not understand why it is taking so long to get this recall fixed on my truck. I have been calling every since they mailed it to me. I am always told so sorry we are still trying to get the parts shipped out to the dealers. Oh we do not know what is taking so long, oh yes we will call you when the parts are ready. Well this recall has been going on for quite some time now and I do not understand why they are so far behind. It says my rear axil can freeze up and cause a major accident...so if this is true then why do they not have the parts after this long? there has been no problem with the truck yet but then I do not drive it very far since it may lock up the rear end and cause me or my family to be hurt...along with someone else in their car!!!! I call my local dealer and I get the same crap for an answer.....

- Lancaster, CA, USA

Jun 212013

Ram 1500 4WD 8-cyl

While I was driving on a highway, I heard a terrible sound out of the rear of my Ram truck. I tried to stop my vehicle as soon as I could while the sound kept on getting even more terrible. When I stopped and looked at the bottom of the vehicle, the driveshaft fell off from the rear of the vehicle and oil spilled on road. There was no warning or no engine light signal in the vehicle electronics before or after this happened. Has the vehicle been on a freeway with a speedlimit of 100 km/hr or so, I think it would have been really tough to control the vehicle in this break-down and it could have resulted in a fatal accident. The vehicle was not in a position to be driven further and I had to get it towed to a nearest Chrysler dealership in coquitlam, british columbia, Canada. It has been days now and I have not yet heard back from Chrysler dealership that what is the cause of this problem and what will be done to fix this issue. On checking with dealership, they say that they have no solution to this problem till now. Luckily, my vehicle is still inside the warranty period and so the dealership says that the cost to repair will be covered, but they have no fixed timeline on how soon they can fix it. I tried reaching out to Chrysler and filed a complaint about this, but the response from Chrysler is not very helpful and they are not at all worried about my sufferings and loss that I am currently facing due to this vehicle not being available/ready for my use yet.

- Surrey, DC, USA