3.5

2010 Dodge Ram 1500 wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Dodge Ram 1500:

2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Apr 052014

Ram 1500

We were driving our 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 on a county highway when we heard a loud whirring noise. As we approached a downhill section and my husband took his foot off the gas the noise went away, but came back louder as soon as he put his foot on the accelerator. Instantly there was a big boom and the rear end of the vehicle locked up, the front end of the vehicle swerving with the back end jack knifing on the road while bouncing/bucking like motion given the tires felt as though they were also locked up. We could feel and hear something under the car bashing the undercarriage. There were no oncomers fortunately and my husband did manage to stop the vehicle just short of the guardrail and going over the ravine. The car was still half in the lane.. horizontal to oncoming traffic. He turned on the hazards and I jumped out, it was dark with no lighting on the road and hard to see until the car behind us stopped to see if we were ok and said our drive shaft had disconnected. We removed our 2 young children from their carseats, waited on the side of the road and the men tried to move the truck out of oncoming traffic but the tires were locked. We called 911 for the police to give our children a safer place to stay out of oncoming traffic and to provide direction to oncoming traffic as we had a tow truck come out to bring the car to the nearby Dodge dealership. The dealership looked at the car, informed us it was part of a recall but they didn't have the parts to fix it in stock. They did not offer an alternate vehicle to us and we are still awaiting word on what is happening at almost a week after this incident took place. For me the integrity of the entire drive shaft, undercarriage and all equipment/components of the vehile, tires which were showing signs of extreme wear and low on air are all now compromised.

- Hudson, NY, USA

Aug 312013

Ram 1500

M34 recall - we brought the car to dealer April 2013 and they could not fix the recall yet (we have this documented - "as per tech not in effect yet"). on 8/31 we were on northern state parkway (eastbound) around 8pm when the car failed - very loud noise, loss of vehicle control, hit a curb and barely exited the parkway at route 110 exit. Vehicle could not move and realized the drive shaft came off and a passing car hit the drive shaft, several cars had to swerve around it, the car fluid leaking, etc. We had to call aaa and arrange a tow truck ($181.95 paid up front), arrange transportation for our 12 year old daughter who was in the car at the time of the incident and my wife and I were transported by the tow truck. This ordeal took 2 hours. We arranged for dealer to tow the car on 9/4 - smith haven Chrysler Jeep Dodge, saint james, NY. The dealer has informed us that can repair the damage caused by the rear locking up and the drive shaft coming lose, but they do not have the part to fix the M34 recall. I opened case #23907979 with Chrysler 9/5. I am getting conflicting information since Chrysler representative informs me that the parts are available cbakm343aa, cbakm344aa, cbakm345aa, cbakm346aa but will "take a while" to get and that the dealer can only order/recieve one of the four parts at a time. This does not make sense to me. However, the smith haven dealer and NHTSA records (reference # 565888) indicate the parts to fix M34 are not available. Therefore, I am getting conflicting information regarding the ability to address the recall while the dealer is in the process of repairing the damages and returning the vehicle with the recall issue unaddressed and my family and I are facing a repeat of a potentially dangerous failure at any time in the future.

- East Northport, NY, USA

Jan 302013

Ram 1500

After hand washing my truck, I notices significant defect in the chrome parts on the truck. Most of the chrome is covered in corrosion and discoloration. This problem was first noted when the truck was one year old but was very minor. The defects have spread and become a major issue on the bumpers, wheels, steps, and trim. I went to the dealer and met with the regional Chrysler rep who informed me that this would not be covered. They took the stance that the damage was due to something picked up on the road. I am the original owner of the truck and have driven nothing but highways and city streets. This corrosion is concerning for a 2 year old truck with 18000 miles that is well cared for and garage kept. Chrysler needs to stand by its products and ensure a quality product. If a 2 year old truck is covered in rust it's value is significantly reduced.

- Albuquerque, NM, USA

Nov 102010

Ram 1500 8-cyl

Rear wheels locked up while driving...brought truck in and was told it was not an issue and nothing was wrong.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Jul 142012

Ram 1500 4WD 8-cyl

I was driving vehicle at 55 mph along undivided 2 lane highway. Differential began to make whining noise and then within 1-2 minutes the rear differential locked up and the drive shaft yoke broke causing the drive shaft to drop to the ground. Due to the speed, vehicle control was difficult while attempting to stop. Once stopped, drive shaft yoke was obviously snapped off and passenger side rear tire had melted rubber from being dragged for a few hundred feet when differential locked up. Vehicle was taken to deal and after 2 weeks determination was made that something seized in the differential and caused internals to be destroyed. Dealer has not mentioned current recalls or investigations. As of now, I have been told that Dodge is not making the parts needed and that a minimum of 1 month lead time is expected before parts become available. I am told no loaner vehicle or rental car will be provided.

- Fresno, CA, USA