2011 Dodge Ram 1500 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Dodge Ram 1500:

2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Oct 282011

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2011 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact stated that air was entering the brake lines and the brakes had to be bled twice. The vehicle was taken to the dealer but there was no problem found with the brakes by the dealer. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 4 and the current mileage was 5,000.

- Hearne, TX, USA

Oct 032011

Ram 1500 4WD 8-cyl

I had a car wreck in a 4 month old 2011 Ram 1500 4 wd quad cab on Oct 3 rd 2011, I was pushed into a metal guard rail and concrete wall at 70 mph, the fromt passenger wheel broke compltey off and both front side were impacted hard enough to bed the frame on both sides, no brakes before or after impact, I did habe my seat belt on, none of the front or side air bags deployed at any time. The car that hit me had sull air bag deplyment. I just had the truck into the dealer for an oil change at 17K miles and tire roation which told me "quote" this truck has several recalls that were not mailed out to the owners". they did not tell me what the recalls were they only said that they chaged the oil and roated the tires and checked the coumputer for "issues".

- Pleasant Shade , TN, USA

Jun 052011

Ram 1500

While driving down the highway pulling our gooseneck trailer I hit a bump on the highway. Once I hit the bump the truck began to shake uncontrollably and the steering wheel was ripped from my hands. I could not hold on to the steering wheel. Depressing the brake pedal only made the truck jerk to one side very quickly. All I could do was down shift the transmission and use the trailer brakes lightly to slow down. I had no steering control at all. While slowing down I ran 3 cars off the road on to the shoulder due to not being able to steer the truck at all. I could have easily killed myself and anyone else on the highway at that time. The truck is currently at stanley-lynd autoplex in cameron Texas undergoing "repairs". the service manager, mechanic and the dealership owner all stated and agreed that there is no known cause and no known repair to keep this from happening again. This is a very serious life and safety hazard. The truck continued to do this "death wobble" as it was named at the dealership at anytime the truck encountered a bump, expansion joint or un even pavement.

- Rosenberg, TX, USA

Dec 012010

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2011 Dodge Ram 1500. While accelerating on an icy road the traction control system engaged and a loud grinding noise was heard. The accelerator pedal also began to vibrate. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer who stated that the vehicle was operating as intended. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure recurred intermittently while driving on normal road conditions. The contact also stated that while driving in inclement weather he applied the brakes and the anti lock brake system engaged. The brake pedal began to pulsate violently before depressing to the floor. The failure was not diagnosed. The failure mileage was 2,300 and the current mileage was 3,700.

- New Boston, MI, USA