9.3

2011 Dodge Ram 1500 transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Dodge Ram 1500:

2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Mar 202012

Ram 1500 Outdoorsman 5.7L

There was heavy traffic during the test drive but all seemed well. On the way home I get out on the highway and I can hear this whining noise in 4th and 5th. I take it back to say there's something wrong and the sales people just point over at the service department. I go over and take the service manager for a test drive. He says he can hear it but a lot of them do it so don't worry about it. The trans is loud enough that everyone who gets in asks what the noise is, even my 9 year is asking how long it's going to do that. I've been back 3 times, they finally booked a 'technician' (for 2 1/2 weeks from that day) to have a listen but he told me straight out to not hold my breath on this one.

- , Saanichton, BC, Canada

Oct 312011

Ram 1500 V6`

I am pissed because i got that truck brand new and i have been told on several occasions my truck would be ready it still in the shop going on 3 weeks.

- , Killeen, TX, USA

Dec 172011

Ram 1500 Longhorn Hemi

While driving with no notice, the car came to an extremely aggressive stop. Thankfully no one was behind me and there was a driveway to turn into. Then a foul odor and smoke came from under the hood. I turned off the truck, the smoke quickly dissipated, and I started the truck again. It would no longer shift into reverse or drive, and it would not shift into neutral to roll. Towed it to the dealership, but they had to drag it off the flatbed tow truck as it would not roll backwards. Dealership told me that the C2 and Underdrive clutches are completely burned out, there are metal shavings in the transmission oil pan. The mechanic said "it's a complete mess." The seals are in tact and pressure tests check out. The truck only has 2319 miles and has not towed anything, nor driven to any extremes. They have not yet determined root cause for the failure. Chrysler is positioning to rebuild the transmission before even knowing root cause. I'm asking for replacement of the transmission, or a lifetime warranty on the transmission system. Still discussing this with Chrysler. Not a great experience with my brand new really expensive truck. :(

- , Folsom, CA, USA