2011 Dodge Ram 1500 wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Dodge Ram 1500:

2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

May 142014

Ram 1500 8-cyl

I have had 2 blow outs (instantaneous tire deflations) in the last 30 days. According to the dealer and confirmed on the internet, this is a well known defect on this vehicle caused by defective tire pressure sensors/valve stems (TPMS) corroding causing a catastrophic failure where the valve stem is lost and the tire deflates. Both occurrences were when I was traveling at high speed on a freeway. Luckily there was little traffic and I was able to gain control and pull onto the road shoulder. On inspection of the tire the valve stem was missing with a hole into the tire. Unfortunately despite the dealer being aware of the problem it is not covered by warranty and costs $140 to repair. As above, this is the 2nd exact failure on the same vehicle. It appears I am expected to pay over $500 to get them all changed. In the meantime I am not allowing my wife or family to travel in what I now consider a dangerous truck.

- Coraopolis, PA, USA

Nov 282013

Ram 1500 8-cyl

While driving 70mph in a '11 Dodge Ram this morning on the highway, both back tires locked up resulting in fish tailing completely sideways three times. We finally directed it off the highway and into a ditch to avoid any accidents when all 4 tires locked up. Luckily at 0500 there was minimal traffic and my fiance was capable of keeping the truck from rolling over.

- Jonesburg, MO, USA

Oct 032011

Ram 1500 4WD 8-cyl

I had a car wreck in a 4 month old 2011 Ram 1500 4 wd quad cab on Oct 3 rd 2011, I was pushed into a metal guard rail and concrete wall at 70 mph, the fromt passenger wheel broke compltey off and both front side were impacted hard enough to bed the frame on both sides, no brakes before or after impact, I did habe my seat belt on, none of the front or side air bags deployed at any time. The car that hit me had sull air bag deplyment. I just had the truck into the dealer for an oil change at 17K miles and tire roation which told me "quote" this truck has several recalls that were not mailed out to the owners". they did not tell me what the recalls were they only said that they chaged the oil and roated the tires and checked the coumputer for "issues".

- Pleasant Shade , TN, USA