$2,000.00

1. replace wheel bearing/hub, axle, ball joints and brakes (1 reports)
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1996 Dodge Ram 2500:

1996 Dodge Ram 2500 Owner Comments

Sep 282006

Ram 2500

I was in the middle of moving and changing jobs. I had to take a 800 mile road trip for my destination. a couple days before i started my trip i heard some kind of rubbing or grinding noise coming from one of my wheels. i asked 3 mechanics about it and each one said it was just a warped brake rotor. not having time to really get into it and check it out i started my trip. 60 miles into the trip my truck starts pulling to one side really bad. i knew that wasnt normal so i pulled over. when i looked, my wheel was in the process of falling off. the bearing had gotten very hot and as a result twisted my axle, screwed up my brake rotors and calipers, upper and lower ball joints and the wheel hub. if i had not stopped to check the problem my wheel would have come completely off and caused me to have a potentially fatal crash. not to mention i was out in the middle of nowhere. Dodge's poor construction on their front ends on the full size pickup line are nothing but a safety hazard. these bearings should be recalled taken care of by dodge. im dishing out well over 2 grand to get this fixed on top of leaving my truck in the nearest town as i went on to fly to my destination 1000 miles away to start a new job with no transportation. dodge better hope i dont go so far as to sue them cause im contemplating it.

- , Eagle River, AK, USA