8.0

2000 Dodge Ram 2500 accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Dodge Ram 2500:

2000 Dodge Ram 2500 Owner Comments

Aug 062016

Ram 2500 LS V10

The metal on the door is super thin; the metal has split into two and has an open seam therefor, the latch doesn't engage to keep the door shut! So my husband being clever has used a cargo strap to ratchet the door shut and I have to scoot across from the PASSENGER SIDE in order to get to the driver's seat. I have bruises from landing on the seat belts multiple times. We tried JB Weld to mend the metal but that didn't work so my next adventure is taking it to our local Dodge dealership and seeing if they have any solutions and/or welding a piece of metal to the damned door and getting a new latch. In the meantime, it's a good thing I'm bendable to scoot across the seats. Worse comes to worse I'll be buying a used door that doesn't match the paint to fix the issue!

- , White City, OR, USA