8.0

$1,500.00

1. replace dashboard (8 reports)
2001 Dodge Ram 2500 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Dodge Ram 2500:

2001 Dodge Ram 2500 Owner Comments

Jul 012016

Ram 2500 5.9L

This truck has not been left out in the sun is always garaged. Cheaply made dash material that has no give in it.

- , Lebanon, OR, USA

Sep 252004

Ram 2500 EX 5.9L

Every 2000 thru 2004 Dodge Ram dash is cracked and falling into pieces. Dodge should recall all the trucks and replace this cheep plastic. My dash was covered from the start and it did not help. I contacted Larry H Miller and they stated it was out of warranty and they were aware it was a problem. They were NOT helpful.

- , Herriman, UT, USA

Dec 172005

Ram 2500 Sport 5.9L

When it happened I went to the dealer and they said that there was nothing they could do because I live in Nevada and it gets hot here.

- , Henderson, NV, USA

Jul 012008

Ram 2500 SLT

Fix the problem. I paid good money for my truck and thought I bought from a competent co., but they proved me wrong.

- , Waterford, WI, USA

Sep 062002

Ram 2500 LSX V8 Diesel

The problem is a defect in material and should be replaced by the dealer. The dashboard isn't just cracked - it's breaking into tiny pieces that fall into my vents every time I turn on the blower. I can't imagine how awful this is going to turn out if the airbag deploys and sends hundreds of tiny shards into my face or my childrens. Dodge needs to take responsiblity for this issue. In 1977 Dodge recalled over 250,000 Econoline vans for this very issue. Why have they not done it in this instance? The vans were recalled because of the "potential" of the dashboards cracking and shattering into shards during an accident. The dashboards in the Rams are already breaking apart and creating shards. We know what is going to happen! Shame on all involved for not addressing this issue by now. Does someone have to die or get seriously injured before this gets handled?

- , San Diego, CA, USA

Sep 012010

Ram 2500 24V5.9L Cummins

After a few years of ownership, Dash literally started falling apart. The truck was mostly garaged and chemical cleaning products were never used. Just a poor part by dodge.

- , Salt Lake CIty, UT, USA

May 072010

Ram 2500 2500 5.9L Diesel

Cracked dash and crack in the glove box. We decided to replace the glove box recently and that seems to have caused the entire dash to disintegrate. It is cracking everywhere.

- , New Braunfels, TX, USA

Jul 012015

Ram 2500 SLT 5.9L Cummins

This is a hazard. In the course of a year it went from a small crack to a completely deteriorated dashboard where full razor sharp pieces dislodge and become lost inside the dash wreaking havoc on the internals or fly off at passengers. I can only imagine the hazard this would cause if in an accident and the airbags went off. I would be worried shrapnel would be everywhere. I am not sure there is a decent option to fix this as there are inferior replacement parts or factory parts that may or may not have these underlying issues resolved.

- , Friant, CA, USA

Jul 012008

Ram 2500 5.9L V8

click to see larger images

cracked dashboard cracked dashboard

I think Dodge should replace every dash in every truck that has this issue. Some how I missed this so called recall for the dash replacement, I think I should still have the chance to get it replaced.

- , Gallup, NM, USA

Aug 102008

Ram 2500 Laredo 5.9L Cummins Diesel

One crack appeared from windshield back toward passenger, then another over time and another even later.. Look horrible !

I've seen aftermarket replacements advertised with small plastic clips that go at screw points below windshield, clips are said to prevent cracking from screw points.........

Just cost allot of money and I'm pissed it's a Chrysler part material failure and they won't own up to it no matter how many vehicles it happens to.

This makes me feel like I should buy Chevy or GMC trucks next......

- , Prospect, CT, USA