8.8

1. repaint the entire truck (4 reports)
2001 Dodge Ram 2500 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Dodge Ram 2500:

2001 Dodge Ram 2500 Owner Comments

Dec 012010

Ram 2500 2500 5.9L Diesel

The entire hood of the truck seems to have sun burn as it is peeling off. The rest of the vehicle does not have the issue.

- , New Braunfels, TX, USA

May 012005

Ram 2500 Sport Diesel

DODGE PRODUCTS PAINT JOBS SUCK. MADE IN AMERICA, HA. MADE IN AMERICA, UNFORTUNATELY MEANS SUB STANDARD, WON'T LAST, DEFECTIVE AND A WASTE OF YOUR MONEY.

- , Parker, CO, USA

Feb 282011

Ram 2500 ST 5.9L

Dodge should step up and take care of this problem. They have known about it for sometime yet they won't do what other manufacturers will, and that is take care of their customer, even Toyota will take care of theirs. I will not buy a Dodge the next time I buy. It will more then likely be a Ford or Toyota.

- , Mishawaka, IN, USA

Jun 152008

Ram 2500 2500 HD

blister on the hood. half the hood all the clear coat is off. dealer says the rest of the truck will do the same. i own two dodges, gave the van to a family in our church for they needed a car. going to get a new vech but it will not be by dodge or any of their family (jeep ect)

- , Bristow, OK, USA

Sep 282009

Ram 2500 Sport 2500 Diesel

Dodge is horrible about fixing problems. I've owned 2 dodge trucks the first one was flawless I love it. But when I decided to buy a 4x4 I made the huge mistake of purchasing this truck. The paint is bubbling up all over the entire truck. On the top of the cab the paint is all but gone.

I have brought it into Tobin Dodge and Boise Dodge both places let me know that even after 5 years on the first complaint that it wasn't in warranty. The guy in Boise told me that is defiantly defective paint. My father in law owned a body shop for 19 years and said the exact same thing....

Unless Dodge preforms a miracle and responds to this complaint I see a Ford in my future or even a Toyota.

tim@sypowicz.com