2001 Dodge Ram 2500 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Dodge Ram 2500:

2001 Dodge Ram 2500 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Sep 152007

Ram 2500

The contact owns a 2001 Dodge Ram 2500. The contact stated there were multiple cracks varying in size throughout the dashboard. The cracks had not affected the features of the vehicle but the contact was concerned it would in the future. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 90,000.

- Paulding, OH, USA

Jun 012007

Ram 2500

I have a 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 that I bought new in October of 2001. Two years ago I started noticing hair-line cracks in the dash, and now the cracks are much larger. The dash has become very fragile. It was a very expensive purchase [$38,176] and I have taken exceptional care of it.

- Orlando, FL, USA

May 032008

Ram 2500

Air bag light is on and can't get it out. And the doors are all rotted on the bottom and is the only thing that rotted on my truck I take good care of my truck. And that is a big disappointment in this truck. And the front end that's hard to keep up with. I only have 118000 on it. And know the motor will go a long ways the cummins 25 valve.

- Dudley, MA, USA

Feb 042009

Ram 2500

I keep my 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel in mint condition. There is no reason the dashboard cracked. I armor all it and clean the inside all the time. I keep the glass covered as well with sun visor. I was shocked to see my dashboard cracked. There was no reason for it. Then I saw the news report about this same problem in 2001 Dodge Ram 2500. Was there any resolution?

- North Las Vegas, NV, USA

Oct 202007

Ram 2500 6-cyl Diesel

The dashboard sub structure (moulded plastic) on my 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 has mysteriously begun to crack and come apart. Recently the radio almost fell out of the dashboard because the mounting points in the dash have cracked and broken. Behind the dash, large pieces of plastic have broken and one began to fray the air bag selector switch wiring. I consider this to be unacceptable. The material chosen for the dashboard was obviously inferior. It will soon be a safety hazard if the dashboard completely fails.

- Broken Arrow, OK, USA

Jun 072006

Ram 2500 4WD 6-cyl Diesel

Dashboard cracking apart now has a hole in it. I'm afraid the sun will melt the wiring and possibly cause the air bags to deploy or other damage.

- Greeneville, TN, USA

Aug 152005

Ram 2500 8-cyl

While driving down a hill the brakes went out. The contact was able to get it safely off the highway. This occurred on August 15, 2005. The contact took vehicle to a mechanic. They said that it was due to the way that the van was built. He said that it caused the battery to leak and burn a whole in the brake line. The vehicle is still at the mechanic's shop. The contact was concerned that someone else could have an accident due to the problem with the vehcile's structure.

- Seattle, WA, USA

Nov 262002

Ram 2500 6-cyl Diesel

The latch on the overhead center console broke.

- Anaheim, CA, USA

Mar 112002

Ram 2500 4WD Diesel

Vehicle is pulling to right at all times, taken to dealer 3 times. Dealer did alignment, did not remedy the problem. While driving vehicle parted to the right. Consumer applied brakes and attempted to maneuver vehicle to avoid a light pole, however vehicle would not stop nor turn thereby hitting a tree instead. Consumer sustained minor injuries. Dealer found right front caliper frozen and would not release. Right front brake caliper replaced. Center console latch inoperative. New center console lid replaced.

- Greeleyville, SC, USA