2001 Dodge Ram 2500 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Dodge Ram 2500:

2001 Dodge Ram 2500 Owner Comments

Aug 102005

Ram 2500

Sharp plastic pieces are breaking off from the dashboard and trim around instument panel that could cause injury, especially during any type of a collision.

- Galt, CA, USA

Jul 012007

Ram 2500

Dashboard is cracking and braking apart peace S are coming off and hitting me in the face and eyes.

- Waterford, WI, USA

May 022011

Ram 2500

Dash cracked all over and fell apart with no accident

- Kansas City, MO, USA

Jul 102015

Ram 2500

I was driving home when I ran into some bumpy roads and I looked at my passenger side airbag control module in the dash and it was gone. The whole inner dash was broke loose and plastic parts were falling onto the floorboard. I've E-mailed Dodge and haven't received anything back from them yet. The dealership says it could be from $1000 to $7000 to fix. It had a few cracks in it before but now it seams to be just falling to pieces. I believe this could cause my airbags to deploy at any minute and this is a safety issue. In an accident how could you tell if the airbag deployed before or after the incident" could the airbag cause an accident? Dodge says it's out of warranty and I will have to fix it myself. I think with all the dash issues, Dodge should at least bare some of the responsibility. They won't even tell me if my truck is safe to drive" so it sets in back yard.

- Wittmann, AZ, USA

Jul 022007

Ram 2500

While driving the dash cracked. Two days later another crack and pieces fell in behind the dash. Today the plastic dash continue to crack and fall apart. Chrysler continue to say they are not responsible, but they are the installers and manufactor. 70 % of the dash is gone.

- Decatur, AL, USA

Aug 152007

Ram 2500 6-cyl Diesel

Dashboard began cracking on 2001 Dodge Ram truck in late 2007. It has now completely desintegrated and large pieces have come loose and fallen behind the dash. I'm truly concerned that the loose dashboard pieces could cause a malfunction of electrical or mechanical systems of the vehicle making it unsafe to drive.

- Laredo, TX, USA

Jun 122001

Ram 2500 4WD 6-cyl

I purchased brand new, a 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 quad cab truck. The trucks dash has so many cracks in it, that they now have ran into each other and large areas have fallen out. This is a manufacturing defect that Dodge refuses to do anything about. These cracks have been in my dash for years. It is not heat related because I purchased the truck in Washington state and was there for several years before coming to California. This is an electrical hazard and a flying object hazard, should I hit someone or they hit me and pieces start flying from the dashboard. This is a nation wide problem with the dashes from Dodge, it's time they do something about it. These cracks have gotten worse and worse over the years.

- Plumas Lake, CA, USA

Mar 012010

Ram 2500

The dashboard on my 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 began to crack, now there are several cracks in the dash. This vehicle is in a heated garage most of the time and the windows are open when in the garage during the summer and winter. The vehicle is well cared for and clean, I see no reason for this to have occurred. There are several cracks now across the dashboard on the top part.

- Canton, OH, USA

Feb 012011

Ram 2500

Top of dash cracked so bad pieces are falling out. If we were to get into a head on collision, these pieces of broken plastic would turn into shrapnel. If I knew about this site sooner I would of certainly brought it to your attention. I'm not alone in this problem, or that it was caused by the sun, armoral, etc. Compiled over 1,500 other people on Dodge Ram forums, car complaints, and other such internet sites with the same problem, and no recall from Dodge to fix this problem.

- Olin, NC, USA

Feb 012011

Ram 2500

Dash pad is cracked all to pieces. Sharp pieces are coming off and could potentially be dangerous. This is a safety concern and Dodge should recall this.

- Shelbyville, KY, USA

Mar 172004

Ram 2500

Dash in 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 has broken into pieces. Dodge will not remedy the situation even though there is a more than enough instances of this problem with this year model of vehicle. Material dash is manufactured with it's defective causing the dash to break apart and become a safety concern with the stability of the dash in case of crash. Complaint would have been filed earlier but just recently learned of this site.

- Midway, TX, USA

Jan 012007

Ram 2500

2001 Dodge Ram dash cracked in multiple places. In the event of an air bag deployment/crash, dash will explode and create extensive injuries. Replaced at own expense because Dodge wouldn't do anything about it because its out of warranty.

- Hope, AR, USA

Feb 012005

Ram 2500 4WD 6-cyl Diesel

The dashboard crumbled and collapsed into electrical and airconditioning equipment.

- Oviedo, FL, USA