5.6

2001 Dodge Ram 2500 wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Dodge Ram 2500:

2001 Dodge Ram 2500 Owner Comments

Sep 132004

Ram 2500 4WD 8-cyl

A loud knocking noise was heard coming from the front driver's side. Driver's side wheel fell off. Consumer had the vehicle towed to dealer for inspection, and mechanic determined that wheel and tire needed to be replaced.

- Sonora, CA, USA

Mar 012003

Ram 2500 8-cyl

There was a noise when a turn was made, the dealer stated the front wheels were wobbling.. if kept on driving wheels would fall off.

- Alpine, CA, USA

Sep 212002

Ram 2500 Diesel

Approximately 4 blocks from my home my wife, who was driving the truck, head a noise coming from the right front wheel. I removed the tire and notice that a bracket on the braking assembly was grinding into the mag wheel. Even though my wife drive a short distance, a significant gouge was made in the the soft metal of the wheel. I pushed the bracket back in place and took the truck to the local Dodge dealer. I was informed that the "anti rattle bracket" at the bottom of the brake assemble had rusted to the braking assembly. Everytime I pushed on the brake, it moved out until it was grinding on the mag wheel. The bracket was grinding on the wheel like a lathe, peeling off the metal of the wheel. If I had been on the highway and did not hear the noise, a serious accident could have happened. The continued grinding would have destroyed the wheel assemble. Neither the dealer or the Dodge consumer complain representive thought this was a very big issue. At this time, I feel that the saftey of this truck is a stake and could result in a serious accident if it is not resolved.

- Batavia, IL, USA

May 222002

Ram 2500

Wheel axle hub nuts have backed up three times while consumer was driving. Due to this problem brakes on front left side became prematurely worn. Contacted dealer.

- West Hills, CA, USA