2003 Dodge Ram 2500 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Ram 2500:

2003 Dodge Ram 2500 Owner Comments

Jul 132005

Ram 2500 8-cyl

That morning I was leaving a job site and noticed my engine light came on. I called the Dodge dealer. Service tech stated that if it was not flashing to bring it in asap. Later that day while driving back to my house, without any warning the engine just shut off in the middle of the street. Luckily there was no traffic and I was able to coast to my house. The truck would not re-start. I called the dealer and Chrysler had a tow truck out. It was found that a wiring harness had come loose and had been rubbing, the harness damaged and a bare wire shored out, blew the coil and ruptured the fuel line! I was very lucky to not have caught fire or exploded. After repeated calls and emails, I have figured Chrysler does not care. I'll bet ther are quite a few 2003 Dodge Ram 2500 pickups out there. I would hope the rest could be warned before a death occurs!

- Safety Harbor, FL, USA