$1,800.00

1. replace differential gears and bearings (1 reports)
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Dodge Ram 2500:

2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Owner Comments

Dec 082010

Ram 2500 SLT 5.9L Diesel

This is the 2nd time this has happened to me. My differential went out at 48k miles and was covered by warranty. The 2nd time occurred at 137k miles and it cost me $1800. Both times there was a winding sound before the differential began slipping and rattling. Both times I complained about the winding sound to the dealer and both times they could not duplicate. This is a heavy duty truck and I do not tow anything. All miles are highway miles. I have 1000 miles in the 2nd new differential and I already have a winding sound.Also the differential is already slipping...only when it is warmed up (10 miles). The winding noise starts after 30 mph. The differential slip only happens from a dead stop turning left or right. The differential makes a chirping sound the same time as the slip happens. I have my trucked scheduled for service again at the end of the month (Jan 2011). Dodge said that this is not a known problem. I don't think lightning strikes twice much less three times.

- , Eglin, FL, USA