2006 Dodge Ram 2500 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Dodge Ram 2500:

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Owner Comments

Nov 212013

Ram 2500

11/21/2013 5:00pm while leaving lake castaic, I noticed abnormal excessive play in the steering of my truck. I was towing my boat and I attributed this to possibly being tired after a long day on the lake. I pulled over at calgrove exit off the I 5 to visually inspect my tires and anything noticeably wrong with my truck. Everything checked out ok, so I reduced my speed and took precaution. Just prior to bandini exit (s) 710 we heard a loud bang and without warning my truck veered into traffic. The wheels were locked when attempting to turn to the right and the wheel would turn freely to the left, without turning the wheels. I happen to be a very strong individual and it took every ounce of strength to maintain stability and avoid an accident. A person with less strength, would have never been able to control my vehicle. Total loss of control of a full size truck, while towing a boat on the 710 freeway is a terrifying experience. With a stroke of luck and a blessing, I was able to maneuver the vehicle to the shoulder and safely exit the freeway. I have since been informed by cerritos Dodge, service advisor daniel moreno that that the steering box broke resulting in total loss of control. I contacted Chrysler and they informed me that they are not responsible and will offer no assistance with repairing my vehicle. I was told the repairs would cost $1,689 and I would have to pay this amount and then contest Chrysler for reimbursement. I had my truck towed out of cerritos Dodge and currently sits in my grandmother's driveway.

- South Gate, CA, USA