6.6

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Dodge Ram 2500:

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Owner Comments

Apr 032008

Ram 2500 Diesel

Faulty fuel filter system on Dodge diesel trucks. I have a 2006 Dodge 2500 Ram diesel truck with 19000 miles on it. I had an issue of it losing power, replaced the filter, then within 3000 miles it happened again. I replaced the filter again, but it still did not help much. I drove to the dealer, and it died within a few hundred yards. Finally got it to the dealer, they had to tow it in. The dealer said it was bad diesel that plugged the fuel injectors and ruined the injection pump. The insurance company sent a lab for tests, they say the fuel is normal. Now I'm stuck with a $10,000 repair bill that should have been under warranty with Dodge. If the fuel is normal, why wouldn't the filter do it's job. I've seen some reports on the internet that some dealers are adding a second filter onto their trucks to prevent this. The service tech said they see this often, but the insurance will usually pay. If they see it often, isn't this a faulty design"??"

- Mesquite, TX, USA

Jun 012006

Ram 2500 6-cyl Diesel

There is an intermittent long start time on the 06 Dodge cummings diesel (10 to 15 seconds). After first 400 miles the truck was brought back to dealership and in formed that approximately 1/3 of the time the truck has a starting time of 10 to 15 seconds, was told they had a computer fix. Installed update and problem persisted. Took back to dealer and was told Dodge is aware of problem but has no fix. It is June of 06 and they have known of problem should have made me aware of this before I bought truck.

- Dahlonega, GA, USA

Jan 092006

Ram 2500 4WD 6-cyl Diesel

Have a 2005 Dodge cummins, and a 2006 Dodge cummins. They were built with an upgraded injection system, that has a one micron injector.. after a short time the injectors become plugged the computer system reacts by sometimes decelerating and other times the engine tries to run away or accelerate without your foot on the pedal, the times that happened was fortunately at a light with engine idling. This has happened to both the 2005 and 2006 trucks repaired by Dodge no warranty repair at great cost they say bad fuel that is their standard line, met a guy yesterday who had 2004 his did this eleven times, bad fuel bad fuel he said all his friend were buying diesel at the same place, no problem. I own five Dodge cummins pickups have never had this problem before they upgraded their injection system....

- Sun River, MT, USA