2006 Dodge Ram 2500 steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Dodge Ram 2500:

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 7)

Apr 012014

Ram 2500 4WD 6-cyl Diesel

2006 Dodge Ram 2500. Consumer writes in regards to steering rack bolt recall notice. The consumer was informed the parts were not available. It has been over 3 months, since he received the recall.

- Huntington Beach, CA, USA

Jan 012014

Ram 2500 4WD 6-cyl Diesel

2006 Dodge Ram 2500. Consumer writes in regards to left tie ball stud recall issues. The consumer was informed the parts were not available, even though the recall was sent out 4 months ago.

- Seattle, WA, USA

Jan 162014

Ram 2500

TL- the contact owns a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500. The contact stated that while traveling various speeds, the contact heard a noise being emitted from the front end. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was found that the left tie rod needed to be replaced. The contact was also informed that the part for NHTSA campaign number 13V529000 (steering) was not available. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was contacted about the failure. The failure mileage was 93,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Pomona, CA, USA

Dec 222010

Ram 2500

TL-the contact owns a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500. The contact stated that while driving approximately 65 mph, the vehicle began to shutter. The contact also stated that the pin that held the tire in line became fractured when the contact drover over a road bump. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign id number: 13V528000(steering) however, the part needed to complete the repair was unavailable. The manufacturer was notified. The VIN was not available. The approximate mileage was 120,000. Kmj

- Santa Fe, NM, USA

Dec 262013

Ram 2500

TL-the contact owns a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign id number 13V528000 (steering) but te part needed fro the recall service was unavailable. The dealer was unable to provide an expected date for when the remedy part would become available. The manufacturer was notified of the problem. The contact had not experienced a failure. Kmj

- Ridgefield, WA, USA

Nov 122013

Ram 2500

TL- the contact owns a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500. He received a recall notice and feels the wait time was unreasonable. While driving around 20 mph the contact attempted to make a turn the steering wheel made a loud popping sound. The vehicle was taken to a dealership where the technician diagnosed that the left tie rod needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was not notified about the failure. The failure mileage was unknown and the current mileage was 100,000 miles.

- Dearing, KS, USA

Feb 012012

Ram 2500

I received recall notice N62/NHTSA 13V-528 regarding the steering linkage. I had a failure of the linkage in 2011 and it was repaired, but with the same defective parts. When I went to the dealer to have him check to see if the vehicle was included in the recall, after inspection he stated "yes". I was put on a long list and was told it might be June before the repair is completed due to unavailability of parts from Chrysler. This is unacceptable to continue to operate the vehicle for this long with the potential that the defect "¿¦could cause a loss of directional control and/or crash without warning." (quote directly from the recall notice). Chrysler needs to provide parts, and the dealers need to address this recall on a much more timely basis.

- Rapid City, SD, USA

Mar 182014

Ram 2500

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500. The contact stated that he attempted to have the vehicle repaired under NHTSA campaign number: 13V528000 (steering) but was informed that the parts were not available. The contact felt that since the failure was reported in November of 2013, there should have been a remedy available before March of 2014. The contact stated that the manufacturer had exceeded a reasonable time for repair. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Berryville, AR, USA

Jan 062014

Ram 2500

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign id number: 13V529000 (steering) and stated that the parts were not available. The dealer did not give a specific date when the parts would become available. The manufacturer was also contacted and could not provide an estimated date for when the vehicle would receive the recall repairs. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Boonsboro, MD, USA

Dec 172012

Ram 2500

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500. The contact stated that while driving approximately 15 mph, the driver's side tire rod ball stud failed and caused the vehicle to veer off the roadway. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic, who replaced the driver's side tie rod end. The contact later received notification of NHTSA campaign id number 13V528000(steering) however, the manufacturer indicated that vehicle was not included in the recall. The approximate failure mileage was 80,000.

- St. John Bury, VT, USA

Jan 172012

Ram 2500

I have called and visited my local Chrysler/Dodge dealer (Liberty Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram- pataskala, Ohio) in Ohio to try and get my truck fixed due to the recall. I have heard excuses from- we do not have any parts yet, we will call you in 3-4 weeks when we have parts (no call back), our service supervisor is not in right now, you will have to come back (went back a day later, they are in meetings all day, you will have to speak with them about the recall), called again and they said we still do not have parts we will call you back (no call back, keep in mind this was 6 weeks after the original call date), this past week I called again and they said let me check with our parts department and we will give you a call back this afternoon(no call back). They have had plenty of oppurtunities to atleast be curtious and give me a call back to update, let alone fix the recall. I have even told them my front tires have extreme abnormal wear on the insides, and they're response was, we will have our service manager call you back(no call back). I am very upset about this as we have a 6 week old baby and we will not use the truck to Transport her anywhere due to the safety concern, so we have to jump through hoops to take her to appointments, etc. I would lilke my truck fixed as soon as possible. Thank you

- Alexandria, OH, USA

Mar 102014

Ram 2500

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500. The contact stated that he attempted to have the vehicle repaired under NHTSA campaign number: 13V528000 (steering) but was informed that the parts were not available and that the dealer was receiving only one recall replacement part per week. The contact felt that since the failure was reported in November of 2013, there should have been a remedy available before March of 2014. The contact stated that the manufacturer had exceeded a reasonable time for repair. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Blessing , TX, USA

Feb 192014

Ram 2500

Hauling a goose neck trailer empty to New Mexico, suddenly the truck began to shake violently in the famous "death wobble" of these vehicles. I scheduled an appointment with the dealer and they found the whole front end need to be "updated" to the bigger beefier suspension. This happens often enough that Chrysler has created a whole kit for doing this upgrade. My vehicle was not consider in need of the recall replacement just four weeks prior. The service writer strongly suggested I have the vehicle in for a full inspection of the front end but never told me while inspecting he knew the front end was a safety hazard. It is obvious to me that nthsa has stepped on the end of its pecker limiting the recall to one style of front end rod. This is an engineering and materials defect of the truck. Worse it is a very dangerous defect. Nthsa needs to expand the recall to include all Dodge trucks without the beefier front end suspension.

- Clifton, CO, USA

Nov 212013

Ram 2500

11/21/2013 5:00pm while leaving lake castaic, I noticed abnormal excessive play in the steering of my truck. I was towing my boat and I attributed this to possibly being tired after a long day on the lake. I pulled over at calgrove exit off the I 5 to visually inspect my tires and anything noticeably wrong with my truck. Everything checked out ok, so I reduced my speed and took precaution. Just prior to bandini exit (s) 710 we heard a loud bang and without warning my truck veered into traffic. The wheels were locked when attempting to turn to the right and the wheel would turn freely to the left, without turning the wheels. I happen to be a very strong individual and it took every ounce of strength to maintain stability and avoid an accident. A person with less strength, would have never been able to control my vehicle. Total loss of control of a full size truck, while towing a boat on the 710 freeway is a terrifying experience. With a stroke of luck and a blessing, I was able to maneuver the vehicle to the shoulder and safely exit the freeway. I have since been informed by cerritos Dodge, service advisor daniel moreno that that the steering box broke resulting in total loss of control. I contacted Chrysler and they informed me that they are not responsible and will offer no assistance with repairing my vehicle. I was told the repairs would cost $1,689 and I would have to pay this amount and then contest Chrysler for reimbursement. I had my truck towed out of cerritos Dodge and currently sits in my grandmother's driveway.

- South Gate, CA, USA

Mar 042013

Ram 2500

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500. The contact stated that the front tires wore prematurely due to a several parts that exceeded the weight specification. The dealer had to replace the front suspension assembly, hubs and the steering pitman arm to correct the failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 38,572 and the current mileage was 40,923.

- Paso Robles, CA, USA

Sep 112013

Ram 2500

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500. The contact stated that while driving 5 mph, a loud abnormal noise was heard from the vehicle as the power steering assist failed. The vehicle was towed to the dealer where unknown repairs were made to the vehicle. The contact had also received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 13V528000 (steering) but was unable to have the vehicle repaired because the necessary parts were not available. Both the dealer and the manufacturer advised the contact that the part was unavailable for the recall repair. The approximate failure mileage was 68,000.

- Prescott, AZ, USA

Jan 102014

Ram 2500

Received safety recall notice N62/NHTSA 13V-528 indicating a recall against my truck. Traveling in southwest us and contacted nearest dealership in las vegas Nevada. Dealership inspected my truck and determined my truck required the kit to fix the defect. The dealership did not have the kit and in fact was receiving only one kit per week from Dodge. And they had a waiting list of 60+ vehicles. Contacted the other local dealership with similar (50+ waiting list) results. Called Chrysler customer assistance per the recall notice. The agent called several cities along my planned travel and each Dodge dealer had the very same situation - 50 or more vehicles on the waiting list, with an expected delivery of only one kit per week from Chrysler. At this rate, it will take me a year to get a safety defect fixed. I am now on the waiting list at the Dodge dealer near my home and I am approximately number 58 on the waiting list. Problem: Sufficient repair kits are not available to correct the N62/NHTSA 13V-528 safety defect. And current kit delivery indicates this situation will exist for more than a year! my safety is at risk!

- Bremerton, WA, USA

Feb 162014

Ram 2500

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500. The contact was driving 20 mph when the passenger's side tire rod became fractured. The contact merged safely off roadway and temporarily repaired the vehicle in order to make it to an independent mechanic for inspection. The contact was informed that the ball joint became loose and the tire rod would need replacing. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the incident. The approximate failure mileage was 36,000.

- Logan, OH, USA

Nov 122013

Ram 2500 4WD 6-cyl Diesel

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500. The contact stated while driving approximately 55 mph, the steering wheel and front end of the vehicle began to shake violently. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer where the four tires were rotated; however, the failure persisted. The vehicle was currently being diagnosed by an independent mechanic. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 29,000.... updated 03/24/14 the consumer while driving between 55-60 mph if he hit a slight bump in the roadway or approaching a bridge where the bridge pavement and the road pavement was grooved, the vehicle would shake violently to the point, he was unable to control the vehicle. Also, the consumer noticed power steering fluid leaking from the steering box. The consumer believed it was due to the violent shaking that the pitman arm and the stress put on the ball joints and steering rods. The steering wheel would shake in his hand. Updated 04/01/14

- St.Leonard , MD, USA

Dec 012013

Ram 2500 4WD 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500. The contact stated that the tie rod was separating from the suspension. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign id number: 13V528000 (steering suspension) but was unable to have the vehicle service within a reasonable time frame. The local dealer was contacted and advised that the part was not available and that they were only receiving one recall part per week. The contact was placed on a waiting list. The failure mileage was not available. Updated 04/14/14 the consumer stated as of March 17th the dealership still did not have the necessary parts available to repair the vehicle. Updated 04/18/2014

- Crossville, TN, USA