3.3

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Dodge Ram 2500:

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Owner Comments

Feb 032009

Ram 2500

Violent shimmy, shake, wobble, loss of control when hit a slight bump at 65 mph warranty exp. So paid $833.95 to the Dodge dealer to replace steering components with a kit from Dodge specifically for that problem.

- Syracuse, UT, USA

Aug 182008

Ram 2500

My 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 had bad tie rods, track bar and steering damper with less than 36000 miles on it. At the point it became apparent, the truck became very unstable and hard to keep on the road. I took it to modica brothers in my town to have it fixed because any dealerships were at least an hour from me and I felt I needed my vehicle fixed as soon as possible. After getting the truck repaired it was brought to my attention that the truck was still covered under warranty. I have contacted Dodge concerning this and was denied coverage because I did not have the truck towed and go to a Dodge dealership to have the truck repaired.

- Woodville, TX, USA

May 152008

Ram 2500

Power steering pump and steering gear failed at 41,000 miles. Warranty will not cover the items. Truck cannot be driven because it is unsafe to move unless repaired.

- Brewster, MN, USA

Dec 202006

Ram 2500 4WD 6-cyl Diesel

I own a 2006 Dodge 1 ton crew cab truck. During the month of December I started to experience wheel bouncing when a hit a bump at speeds over 60 miles per hour. I contact the local Dodge dealer, they look at it and said nothing was wrong. On December 20, 2006 I hit a bump on the interstate at nearly 70 miles per hour that put my truck into an uncontrollable shake, nearly hit the car next to me and slide sideways to a stop. Very lucky that others were not hit or that I did not roll. I had the truck towed to springfield, mo and took it to central Dodge. They immediately said it was the front steering stabilizer shock and that they have had numerous other incidents involving this part without even looking at the truck. They change the part and the problem is fixed, but something was troubling as the tech said he would replace it with something stiffer and stronger as they can only replace it with a factory part that he said has been a problem and is not big enough.

- Branson, MO, USA