2007 Dodge Ram 2500 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Dodge Ram 2500:

2007 Dodge Ram 2500 Owner Comments

Jan 162016

Ram 2500

The tail gate is hard to open and hard to close. I have to keep pulling on the handle to try and get the latch mechanism to work. Usually takes 5 or so try's before the tailgate will open, close or stay closed. Sometimes the tail gate falls down while moving on a highway. The 4 wheel drive light does not come one the seat falls back if you put too much pressure on it in a backwards motion

- Austinburg, OH, USA

Jun 162015

Ram 2500

All of a sudden my brakes failed could not steer correctly and I lost control of the truck slamming into an oncoming vehicle. It felt like I was steering to go straight and the steering wheel just turned on its own. Now I have a $2800 bill to pay the body shop and I need to get my steering box replaced. I would like help with that. And most important I need these recalls done once I get my truck out of the body shop. My only request is that when I bring it in to the dealer I would like them to also fix my steering box at no charge.

- Gillette, NJ, USA

Jun 202008

Ram 2500

Traveling on a dirt road, our 2007 2500 Dodge Ram hit a three inch stump, (we were only going about 5 M.P.H.) resulting in bending the differential housing and subsequently releasing all the differential fluid. This caused the front axle to lock up on the highway. The truck skidded to the side of the road. Our 1996 pathfinder navigated the aforementioned road several times and we never had any problems. All of the components that were housed in the front axle had to be replaced. We strongly feel that it is a design error, but Chrysler refused to cover under manufacture warranty, citing driver error. (the truck is less than a year old) if my husband hadn't realized that there was fluid leaking after the 'minor bump', we would have wrecked going 70 M.P.H. on the highway. The Dodge Ram is touted as being built 'Ram tough' but such a 'minor bump' could have cost us our lives had we not realized what had happened. Chrysler should have a recall.

- Lexington , KY, USA