2.3

2007 Dodge Ram 2500 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Dodge Ram 2500:

2007 Dodge Ram 2500 Owner Comments

Jan 132016

Ram 2500

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Ram 2500. While driving, an abnormal noise emitted from the front of the vehicle. The contact drove home and the vehicle was unable to be restarted. The vehicle was not diagnosed nor repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 140,000.

- Lawrence, MS, USA

Jan 252016

Ram 2500

2nd time in 3 years power distribution module box caught on fire causing engine to die the keep running starter until we removed battery cables first time vehicle was parked. This time going down highway in traffic

- Gillette, WY, USA

Jan 242008

Ram 2500

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Ram 2500. While driving approximately 35 mph, the engine warning indicator remained illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer ten times and the computerized system was reprogrammed on each occasion. The dealer stated that the exhaust particulate filter would need to be replaced. However, the part needed was no longer being produced. The contact mentioned that the complete exhaust system required replacement due to the exhaust particulate filter not being available to service the vehicle. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 20,000.

- West Fork, AR, USA

Jul 062015

Ram 2500

Engine caught fire while driving on a rough gravel road at a 10% grade with no load in the bed and no trailer, destroying the entire truck and sparking a 150 acre wildfire

- Vallejo, CA, USA

Apr 042007

Ram 2500

I stopped in a shopping center and shut off the engine. After a short while I tried to start the engine and it would not turn over, it was completely silent. After a short while I was able to restart it. The Dodge people in tucson said nothing was wrong or they could not find any problem. After much research I discovered in old data online there was a bulletin covering "no engine crank or no engine start due to electronic lock-up of the wcm/skreem". this has occurred periodically about every six months requiring me to remove the iod fuse with the key out of the ignition switch waiting thirty seconds and re-installing the iod fuse.

- Tucson, AZ, USA

May 112009

Ram 2500 6-cyl Diesel

Exhaust fumes entering the cab via the heater-A/C fresh air intake. Does not do this when the "recirculation" mode is used. I've had an independent shop and three different Dodge dealer shops check for the problem. The first three shops could find nothing wrong. The last shop said there was a small leak in the egr valve assembly. I had dealership shop (lithia Dodge of roseburg, or) replace the egr valve/cooler assembly (at a cost of $1,068.84). This did not cure or reduce the problem. My feeling is since this is an intermittent problem, it may have something to do with the smog system-most likely the diesel particulate filter operation. I do know that I'm not the only person having this year diesel truck problem. Is there a cure"?" also, the truck does not have any black smoke coming out of the exhaust pipe. I have always used the correct oil and fuel in this vehicle. All updates are current according to Dodge dealer.

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Dec 212011

Ram 2500

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Ram 2500. The contact stated that the vehicle became overheated and the steering wheel became hard to maneuver intermittently. The check engine warning light was also illuminated sporadically. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer where it was diagnosed that the manual temperature sensor, reflash module, and the sensor exhaust manifold needed to be replaced. There were multiple repairs performed on the vehicle however, the failure was recurring. The dealer then diagnosed that the diesel exhaust sensor, egr valve, gasket, crank case sensor and the differential pressure sensor needed to be replaced, in addition to an unknown component of the steering gear box.the vehicle was not completely repaired and the check engine warning light was still illuminated. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 33,492.

- Quartz Hill, CA, USA

Jan 142014

Ram 2500

All of a sudden the windshield wipers and washer came on with out warning and blinded me right in the middle of a curve. Then engine quite and horn started blowing.I lost my steering and brakes. When I managed to get the truck stopped I was blocking one lane of traffic.raised hood and the electrical box with fuses was burning. I diconnected my battery to stop electric flow. I had just come off of highway wher I had been going 70 miles an hour.if I had been going that fast at the time of electrical problems it would been really bad as I had two other people with me. One a 90 year old motherinlaw.

- Bandera, TX, USA

Aug 202013

Ram 2500

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Ram 2500. The contact stated that the engine burst into flames spontaneously. The contact mentioned that the fire originated from the engine compartment. A police report was filed and no injuries were reported. The vehicle was destroyed. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and sent an engineer to inspect the vehicle. However, he was unable to determine what caused the failure. The failure and current mileage was 90,000.

- Orofino, ID, USA

Aug 202011

Ram 2500

On August 20, 2013, I pulled over my vehicle to let my dog jump in the river. After shutting off the engine and exiting the vehicle for approximately 20 min, the vehicle spontaneously caught fire in the engine compartment and completely burned my vehicle to the ground.

- Orofino, ID, USA