2007 Dodge Ram 2500 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Dodge Ram 2500:

2007 Dodge Ram 2500 Owner Comments

Jun 162015

Ram 2500

All of a sudden my brakes failed could not steer correctly and I lost control of the truck slamming into an oncoming vehicle. It felt like I was steering to go straight and the steering wheel just turned on its own. Now I have a $2800 bill to pay the body shop and I need to get my steering box replaced. I would like help with that. And most important I need these recalls done once I get my truck out of the body shop. My only request is that when I bring it in to the dealer I would like them to also fix my steering box at no charge.

- Gillette, NJ, USA

Apr 232013

Ram 2500

My wife was driving the vehicle down hwy 29 in lake county and started hearing a noise from under the vehicle only when driving she pulled over and couldn't see the problem so she continued driving till she could get to my place of employment where I could climb under the vehicle and inspect it where I found that the shield on the fuel tank had broke and was flopping on the drive shaft wearing a grove in it. I had to tear off the flimsy metal until I could have it replaced. I purchased the new piece from Dodge that was incredibly heavier duty than the original, I was told by Dodge that there was a recall for fuel tank shields but my truck wasn't included in the recall, even though my truck clearly had the same part this could of damaged the fuel tank causing a fuel leak. Hoblit Dodge in woodland ca. Installed the new shield and wouldn't do anything about the part or the labor, neither would lithia Dodge of santa rosa ca. I have retained the old shield for proof as well as the bills to buy and replace it.

- Kelseyville, CA, USA

Feb 192013

Ram 2500 6-cyl Diesel

While driving 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 mega cab 5.9L I6 cummins diesel noticed smoke emitting from rear of vehicle, stopped vehicle and discovered fuel running out of vehicle below engine compartment. The #4 cylinder fuel injector line from the common rail was cracked and spraying fuel over the engine and soaking hood and firewall insulation as well as electrical connections and exhaust. The retention bracket for this line had become loose due to vibration which lead to the line cracking. As a result of my experience with this issue I have discovered that this is a seemingly inherent problem with these vehicles, more so in the 2006 and 2007 model years, that Chrysler is aware of but has done nothing about. At the very least, a tsb should have been issued to inform owners of this dangerous situation that can lead to loss of traction and potential fire resulting in injury or death.

- Lexington, SC, USA