2008 Dodge Ram 2500 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Dodge Ram 2500:

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Owner Comments

Jun 282016

Ram 2500

The vehicle is stationary at a gas station. Tank is low and while filling it up the hose nozzle clicks off and gas spews from around nozzle with much force. I have tried this at several stations with the same result. I found a warranty extension through Chrysler the number is X49 extended warranty- fuel tank inlet check valve 2007 - 2008 Ram 1500, but they say it does not apply to my vehicle as VIN is not covered. I have seen several descriptions and complaints from public about gas spilling on vehicles and onto customers so it is a known problem. This is happening exactly as explained in X49 bulletin! my vehicle is extensively the same as other Ram trucks and has this problem also. Why won't they extend warranty to cover my truck? this has caused a reaction from the spilled fuel on my hands. This happens so unexpectedly you don't have time to back away and fuel comes up the nozzle onto your hands and clothes like an eruption. At this point I only have 1/4 in the tank and it won't accept anymore fuel without spewing it out! the manufacturer wants me to have it diagnosed and repaired at my expense and they may reimburse me if they get around to adding my truck to the extended warranty! this is my work truck and I can't drive it because of the problem. Help

- Orange, CA, USA

Aug 172015

Ram 2500

Tipm (total integrated power module) failed while driving vehicle. Vehicle lost engine power, power steering, and brakes. -ton trucks are very heavy and are near impossible to turn and control without power steering and do not stop without power brakes. I was able to maneuver vehicle to the side of the road with minimal damage to the body. I was lucky to not cause a bigger accident and lucky not to injure myself or anybody else. This tipm failure is very common with Dodge vehicles and I am disgusted how Chrysler-Dodge has conducted themselves in regard to recalls and warranty. Had I been towing a trailer on the highway I would have certainly caused an accident. I fear this tipm failure will result in loss of life if it hasn't so already.

- Las Cruces, NM, USA