2008 Dodge Ram 2500 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Dodge Ram 2500:

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Owner Comments

Jan 192015

Ram 2500

Interior plastic grab handles, described as "trim" per manufacturer. Located inside door on vehicle upper frame of vehicle. Used to assist with entering and exiting vehicle. Housing covering bolts to secure handles cracks and rips apart, causing the handle(s) to spontaneously remove from vehicle. Resulting in possible injuries from fall to driver and/or passengers. Vehicle stationary when entering/exiting and using handles.

- Dunnellon, FL, USA

Feb 132016

Ram 2500

I entered the highway in my Dodge Ram 2500 2008 truck, while I was at 50 mph my truck started making growling noises from the engine and I heard explosive noises from the bottom of the truck. My speed dropped to 25 mph and I could see from my side mirror car parts exploding off the truck on the highway in front of other vehicles while I was in motion and driving. This a highway at speeds of 70 mph so I had to move over to the service lane luckily I was in the right lane but I barely avoid a large petroleum truck from crushing my truck which would have been a homicide because he was blowing his horn and could not stop in time. The car dealer claims they are investigating its has now been 4 days and I have not heard anything yet called Chrysler manufacturer waiting to hear back about what caused this to happen to my truck. I only know some of the parts damaged on the truck

- Hebron, OH, USA

Nov 042013

Ram 2500

The heater works on occasion from Nov 13 till I replaced it in May 2015, now its August 2015 and the heater has completely stopped working. I live in Alaska and a heater is a huge deal. Also during an oil change noticed the tie rod is all gooped with oil. Have an 09 1500 that the tie rod broke on. Curious if my 08 is gonna have the same issue. The rear differential is leaking oil all of a sudden as of June 2015 after hauling my 24 foot trailer 1200 miles. When I put the truck in 4 low and drive it makes a huge clucking sound doesn't turn very well either. It feels like my steering is about to go out. I can't drive up my driveway without digging wholes in the gravel. I bought the truck used November 2013 and feel like I got a lemon.

- Homer, AK, USA

Nov 122010

Ram 2500 4WD 6-cyl

While driving my 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 cummins diesel if I hit an oblique bump in the road the truck starts shaking side to side so violently that I feel like the doors will come of. It has happened about 20 to 30 times and when it happens I have to bring the truck to a complete stop in the middle of freeway or road before I can drive again. I have contacted Chrysler and after many phone calls they have agreed to pay for a fix, the problem is the local dealer tells me if they do the repair Chrysler will not reimburse them. It seems as they are playing games with me. My truck has only 70,000 miles and dealer says the wear on the front end seems like on 90,000 miles truck. I have replaced the steering dampener at about 30,000 miles and have not seen any difference.

- Splendora, TX, USA